U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 AM

1,228 posts, read 3,317,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You should have asked her-"are you slightly retarded?"-lol
How are you still single?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
I'm not sure I know what you mean?

Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,387,722 times
Quote:
You should have asked her-"are you slightly retarded?"-lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post

Quote:
I'm not sure I know what you mean?
Now that's surprising.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:20 PM

229 posts, read 519,027 times
Since being unemployed for so long, when creditors call I always ask if there are openings where they are at. Shuts them up right away. Also, when people ask if I've found a job I say - Do you have any good leads? How about at your job? Shuts them up too. There are also people who I stopped visiting, answering the phone, etc. People can be so rude.

You know who your friends are when they call with job leads. The rest I ignore.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,317,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryolson929 View Post
Since being unemployed for so long, when creditors call I always ask if there are openings where they are at. Shuts them up right away. Also, when people ask if I've found a job I say - Do you have any good leads? How about at your job? Shuts them up too. There are also people who I stopped visiting, answering the phone, etc. People can be so rude.
It really doesn't bug me at all. I figure if I talk to enough people, and they know I'm looking (even though I am employed) I'll eventually get some more leading in the metro area I am looking at.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM

2,796 posts, read 5,487,584 times
Did you get a job yet?

Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,239,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
A lot of people get off on other peoples troubles.

One of the good things about being unemployed is you find out who really has your back and your best interests at heart.

And it isn't always the people you think it is going to be.

You may end up doing a little "house cleaning" with some of your so called friends and becoming closer with others.
Rep x3.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 PM

8,521 posts, read 13,985,405 times
Quote:

I'd like to see the looks on their faces.........

Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,740,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
There are a couple of people that I see daily, it seems they keep asking "did you find a job yet?".

Not only do they ask but they'll ask in public places and all of a sudden ALL EYES ON ME.

Not that I am ashamed of being unemployed but man it get's old.

There's this one guy that I really want to tell to stop asking me. But I need to figure out a nice way to tell him.
Next time he does it, plaster a big ol' smile on your face, slap him on the back and say "Not yet! How about you buy me lunch?" ---or a coffee or a beer, or whatever depending upon the time of day and location.

If it's in a public place and he has any sense at all he'll pony up. If you do it three or four times he should get the idea...and quit asking. If he doesn't at least you get a free beverage/meal everyday.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,918,901 times
Quote:

You are right about that. If they are not giving solid job leads or anything of help as far as getting another job, they have no business asking. It's not like its their business if you are working or not anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or