Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,632,540 times

Advertisements

Many people are just plain NOSY and that is all there is to it. This has nothing to do with caring about others, it all has to do with being nosy. How is it that some people can manage to not being snide and nosy, while many others must know every detail of your life? If they do not live in your household then what goes on is none of their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
So if I have a roommate he should be nosy and snooping around in my business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Many people are just plain NOSY and that is all there is to it. This has nothing to do with caring about others, it all has to do with being nosy. How is it that some people can manage to not being snide and nosy, while many others must know every detail of your life? If they do not live in your household then what goes on is none of their business.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So if I have a roommate he should be nosy and snooping around in my business?

No, a roommate should not be snooping or asking persistently about your employment status, no one should be doing that. No need to get so snarky.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
It wasn't about you. It was about a past roommate I had who would always snoop around in my business as if it were his own business. He was creepy. So don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
No, a roommate should not be snooping or asking persistently about your employment status, no one should be doing that. No need to get so snarky.

Last edited by artsyguy; 09-01-2010 at 08:43 PM..

Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It wasn't about you. It was about a past roommate I had who would always snoop around in by business. He was creepy. So don't worry
Okay. I see now. Gotcha

Old 09-01-2010, 08:22 PM

256 posts, read 894,149 times
I'd take that question over:

Clueless: What did you major in?

Me:Computer information systems.

Clueless: Can you come over and fix my computer?

Me: ...

Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Some are concerned, others not. People are all very different. Most of us can see which are which, I think. However, not everybody wants or has a 9-5 job. What about those of us who are doing creative on the side of several part time jobs? I might be a pilates or yoga instructor while I hold 2 part time "office" jobs. I have a long time acquaintance who has a finance background but teaches dance as well. She works as a consultant/project manager for hire and teaches dance on the side. She is married to a well known performing arts promoter/producer in New York City and they own another business together.Not everybody fits into this updated 1950s cubicle corporate mold. So of course, we can't get upset about being asked "have you found a job yet?" We are amused. My question to those people who ask would be, "Have you found a job that you actually enjoy and make great money at?" It's amusing.
Exactly. What about those that are seen during the day and they have part time evening or night jobs? Many people automatically assume that because they see you during the day you don't have a job.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:05 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,175 times
Default You do have a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
You hate to keep it a secret because you never know who can help you but some folks are just to annoying and nosey.

There are a couple of people that I see daily, it seems they keep asking "did you find a job yet?".

Not only do they ask but they'll ask in public places and all of a sudden ALL EYES ON ME.

Not that I am ashamed of being unemployed but man it get's old.

There's this one guy that I really want to tell to stop asking me. But I need to figure out a nice way to tell him.

It's bad enough that I am looking for work but when folks keep asking you every darn day, it gets annoying.
Greetings,
Tell them yes I did. Waiting for you to ask me if I found a job!!!!!
They say Dollar Tree Retail Store is the number hiring right now.
Be Blessed and yes I do hope u find employment soon.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:57 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,388 times
I completely understand. Whenever I see or communicate with my friends and family about my job status, I am always asked how things are going with my job search. Or if I tell them I have an interview coming up, they'll ask how it went the next time we see each other after that.

It's like when I was still a student as a kid. You know, you always get asked about how school is going at that age and nothing else.

I have hobbies, I have interests, and I share commonalities with people. Let's talk about something else.

I have an interview next Thursday. I think I could do the interview and job well. I wish you the best of luck on your job search.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:37 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,979,999 times
I never told any of my family when I had a interview to avoid-"how did it go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search