Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM

107 posts, read 151,000 times

Advertisements

Actually the state continues to pay out if their on welfare. It's not a 18 month cut off. As for a mother with 10 kids, well there's little you can do with that. Their already born. Isn't it about time Americans were preventative though.

I mean if you can't raise two kids without welfare do you have to be that smart to know by numbers 3-10 the mother won't be able to afford them. We as taxpayers are raising them. Sometimes their in fostercare, etc. Believe me I know. I've worked in the state run homes. The parent's will fight tooth and nail for that money but don't want to raise the kids. Come visitation day...no parents show up. Even when us (the taxpayers) pay for taxis for them.

So, mandatory birth control...yes, I said it. I'm a believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,511,343 times
These kids grow up to be criminals and deviants of all sorts - it's the mother's fault.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:31 PM

324 posts, read 860,183 times
sounds like a fabulous idea

Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 PM

6,888 posts, read 22,434,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
These kids grow up to be criminals and deviants of all sorts - it's the mother's fault.
Those children also have a father. Are they blameless? It takes 2 parents to raise a kid.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 PM

613 posts, read 958,257 times
And what would you do with the people on UB who live in a state where medical pot is prescribed? Its prescribed as any other pain killer one can get with a prescription. I know a friend that has the prescription and he says if he didn't smoke it he couldn't work.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
And what would you do with the people on UB who live in a state where medical pot is prescribed? Its prescribed as any other pain killer one can get with a prescription. I know a friend that has the prescription and he says if he didn't smoke it he couldn't work.
If he's working, then he doesn't need welfare.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What public policy goal would be served by drug-testing people who are on unemployment?
It would help people get off drugs or alcohol if the taxpayers weren't forced to pay for them. Why should anyone lay around drinking or getting high and expect others to give up their incomes? A whole lot of welfare money funds the drug dealers.

Welfare needs to be cut way back. We need to stop paying perfectly healthy able bodied women to breed and we need to stop giving it to the able-bodied entirely.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:16 AM

613 posts, read 958,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If he's working, then he doesn't need welfare.
Forgot to add, he's a 99er. He's a handyman so the family is off and on welfare quite a bit. I'm not sure what the disease he has is but he gots treated with pot.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,751,145 times
Quote:
It would help people get off drugs or alcohol if the taxpayers weren't forced to pay for them. Why should anyone lay around drinking or getting high and expect others to give up their incomes? A whole lot of welfare money funds the drug dealers.

Welfare needs to be cut way back. We need to stop paying perfectly healthy able bodied women to breed and we need to stop giving it to the able-bodied entirely.
This isn't welfare, it's unemployment.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 AM

331 posts, read 987,553 times
Quote:

Pot excluded, if someone needs a drug fix, there are other ways of getting money, such as robbing houses. Like yours.

I don't mean to take away from the original post, which deals with unemployment benefits and not welfare, but for a single woman with 4+ kids, if she were to get a job (which probably pays very little, as many parents in poverty tend to have multiple children), who would be taking care of the kids while she's away? Childcare is expensive. Would you agree that welfare money should go for childcare rather than putting food on the table for these children? Welfare is designed to help the entire family, and mostly the children. It's not the fault of the children that their mother may not be able or willing to work. Putting these children into foster care may be worse off for them than having them stay at home with their mother or father.

I personally don't care if the mother or father is on drugs or not. As long as help is available for the victims (the children in these situations), I'm perfectly happy seeing my tax dollars being put to use in helping these families out, rather than funding more bombs / guns / "defense."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search