Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 04:16 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times

Advertisements

My question is what does self esteem have to do with some jerk screaming his/her head off because a person made a simple mistake. I am sure the OP has learned from this and is ready to move on. It's simple people there is professionalism and there is jerkism. If someone yells at me my so called self esteem does not suffer trust me but I am not going to be treated like somebodys verbal punching bag. I don't do it and I will not take it from others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 05:27 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
First off when people say recruiter I think headhunter or executive recruiters. We are talking here about the little pukes at staffing agencies. That is like comparing great chefs like Emeril Lagasse to the guy flipping burgers at Mc Donald's.

From what I've seen the flesh peddlers at staffing agencies are barely professionals, they couldn't even cut it as HR people (and that is saying something). Don't be surprised when they act unprofessional. Most of them are clueless little hacks who are not good at anything which is why they are there.

Don't dwell on it there are tons of staffing agents out there and the one who yelled at you will in all likely hood be gone in a month or so and replaced with another moron.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:39 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
First off when people say recruiter I think headhunter or executive recruiters. We are talking here about the little pukes at staffing agencies. That is like comparing great chefs like Emeril Lagasse to the guy flipping burgers at Mc Donald's.

From what I've seen the flesh peddlers at staffing agencies are barely professionals, they couldn't even cut it as HR people (and that is saying something). Don't be surprised when they act unprofessional. Most of them are clueless little hacks who are not good at anything which is why they are there.

Don't dwell on it there are tons of staffing agents out there and the one who yelled at you will in all likely hood be gone in a month or so and replaced with another moron.
Very good point.. Yes there is a big difference between the paper pushers at a staffing agency and an excutive recruiter. I have also dealt with staffing agencies and to be honest I wondered at the time how they got the job and what were their qualifications. I am sure there are some staffing agents that are professional but at least where I live they are few and far between.

Last edited by tookey; 11-13-2010 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post

We rarely agree, but here we do. OTOH, it might be different in our industry where we're dealing with recruiters that are less educated and don't know the first thing about the jobs they're attempting to fill.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:25 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
We rarely agree, but here we do. OTOH, it might be different in our industry where we're dealing with recruiters that are less educated and don't know the first thing about the jobs they're attempting to fill.
Believe me I've had it up to my hair follicles with those pukes calling me about minimum wage wet lab tech positions or asking me to take a day off my current job so we can chat about current (nonexistant) opportunities. I just unloaded on one a few weeks back when they suggested taking a day off work for one of their useless soft interviews.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:51 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
OP the only thing you were supposed to day was send a thank you letter and then wait to hear back from the lady at the agency.

Plus you are not supposed to call back after a interview anyway whether the job is through a agency or not.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:43 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
My question is what does self esteem have to do with some jerk screaming his/her head off because a person made a simple mistake. I am sure the OP has learned from this and is ready to move on. It's simple people there is professionalism and there is jerkism. If someone yells at me my so called self esteem does not suffer trust me but I am not going to be treated like somebodys verbal punching bag. I don't do it and I will not take it from others.
I agree.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 969 times
Default Recruiter-schmuter

All recruiters are useless. They are organizations that bank on being the middlemen, which pretend to be an invaluable asset to companies. You don't need a recruiter to get a job. Tell that recruiter to go **** themselves. You are your job security and your hand is the one that feeds you. Take care.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM

39 posts, read 182,920 times
The only good job recruiter I ever had in my life was my Army recruiter who didnt force me into anything and answered all my questions honesty. To me staffing agencies are a waste of time and alot of times they did not know the job desription at all and they wont call you back after interviews.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
I think a lot of those recruiters try to take you out of the loop. They have someone they want to pitch to the company, so they present them with say, 3 candidates, knowing one is really tops. The other two make that one look like a sure fit.

The old staffing agencies used to find you work, because the work came to them. They could send you all over town, ala per diem jobs, and keep you running because employers paid top dollar to have coverage when someone got sick suddenly, went into labor early, or had a family emergency.

I agree with the posters who said most waste your time now, with an interview, because you go in and fill out paperwork, and it's usually a good drive and waste of gasoline.
They usually make it sound like they have some opportunities, but those rarely pan out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search