Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 02:09 AM

4 posts, read 10,510 times

Advertisements

hi this is my story : In 2009 graduate with an electrical engineering degree. Prior to graduation , I work as a quality engineer in IT . Prior to that I did an internship in a Engineering company and another IT job as a junior system Analysis.
Now withstanding I have completed my engineering degree, my programming skill are very good so I pick up programming in IT easily to survive while I was in college and graduated in 09. I work for about a yr in IT then resign completed my Engineering degree fall of 09.

In short work from 08-09 july. fall 09 completed EE.

Here is my main Story :
I went for a system design Engineering job interview at a company I really wish to work and during the interview, I was interview by Two engineers.

Some of the Questions ask I could not remembered , frankly I said I do not remember while other questions was not a problem . I did mention one Chip which I find out at the end of interview it is in use at company and it is series of the chip I will programming . One of the interviewer has mentioned it during questions and answers.

An older engineer ask a funny questions which was out of place i felt at the same time I figure out he is from the late 70's .... he ask what circuit protection for your circuitry did U use as I mention a story early bout a design under discussion. so this was where he was taking this question about circuit protection. I him that voltage regulator did not require any external protection, since it was already built into the Voltage regulator ...

ask me when I would like to start , I said ASAP ....
ask me if I like Analog over digital ? I told him I like both . it is hard to decide I like both equally . when on to say I do a lot of digital since I am programming a lot .

last but not the least , they will get back to me if I do not heard from my recruiter I should call "to harass him " does this mean some chances of hiring me ?

Also before interview, he ask me weather I was told bout what position, that I was been interviewed ? I said yes and mentioned the position. Interviewer reponse was we have many other open positions....

I do not know what to expect .... I am still updating my resume ect ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,702,100 times
Yeah... you graduated from college but you write VERY BAD English... I guess that's why they hire Engineer / Technical Writers like me!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 AM

148 posts, read 407,909 times
You never know if you got the job until they make you an offer. Unfortunately, there are no sighs that are absolute hints. Good luck!

Old 01-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks, for your input ...........

Old 01-13-2011, 12:24 PM

Hello Senior member .... could U high where in my posting U do not understand ? maybe then I can go back and correct my sentences.......

Thanks senior member ...

Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM

536 posts, read 1,424,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engr366 View Post
Hello Senior member .... could U high where in my posting U do not understand ? maybe then I can go back and correct my sentences.......

Thanks senior member ...
Adorable. 'Senior member' is his status. His name or 'handle' is Jesse. Anyway, I think you can be excused cause it's likely English isn't your first language, correct?

I echo the other poster, hard to know for sure if you got the job. Best of luck though. I know how hard it can be as an engineer.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM

Default Thanks

English is my second language !!

Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 AM

126 posts, read 723,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Yeah... you graduated from college but you write VERY BAD English...
Yea ... it's obvious English is a second language for the OP.

And to answer the OP's original question ... you'll know
you've got the job if the employer extends an offer
and you accept it.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 AM

14 posts, read 27,457 times
Sounds a lot like my internship interview. They asked me about verilog/vhdl, analog or digital, and pcb design. then told me to contact my recruiter

so I did the usual thank you email 3 days after the interview, and a followup 2 weeks after. neither got a reply

so I figured my opportunity was over

then out of the blue a few days ago she emailed me asking her to email her back to set up another interview.
so I replied the same day and got no response. I then called her 3 days later and left her a voice mail

man its a weird world full of unprofessional people like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search