Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 AM

91 posts, read 674,383 times

Advertisements

I am applying for an entry level job where I know the owner of the company from the place they used to work. They sent me an email a few weeks ago that was semi-related to the job and semi-personal (long story). It took me a while to respond because my computer is broke and so is my car so I couldn't get to another computer as I live in a rural area and can't walk anywhere.

So I sent them an email the other day and they either didn't receive it or didn't look at it. I have a tracker in my emails so I know when the emails are opened. I figured I'd give them a week to look at it and then maybe I should send another email in case they didn't get the other one. But if I did that, then I would have to reveal that I have a tracker in my email. So I'm not sure what to do. I thought about just saying that I wasn't sure if they got my email because of my computer problems and just leave it at that. Does anyone have any thoughts? If this was someone that was simply an acquaintance, I would just send the follow-up email, but since I'm trying to get a job, I want to handle this properly. This is why I don't like written communication. I never know if the other person received the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:33 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Make a phone call to them.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 AM

91 posts, read 674,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Make a phone call to them.
If only it were that simple. Their company does not have a phone number yet because it's new and hasn't opened. I have their personal cell phone number from when they called me a few months ago, but they did not actually give me their cell phone number. So I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to call them.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittle View Post
If only it were that simple. Their company does not have a phone number yet because it's new and hasn't opened. I have their personal cell phone number from when they called me a few months ago, but they did not actually give me their cell phone number. So I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to call them.
Since you are late in responding to them and know them more than "in passing" I suggest you still make the phone call to any phone number you have available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search