Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 08:42 AM

433 posts, read 1,369,661 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I had a job interview last week at a dollar store. I sent them a thank you card after it (first time I ever sent one) and today I got called for a 2nd interview. He told me I can show up anytime today before he leaves at the time he said. I'm assuming they're really interested in me? What should I expect at this second interview? I'm assuming it won't take very long since he said I can come anytime before he leaves...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,270 times
It sounds to me as though they have pretty much decided to hire you but before an official offer is made you need to be passed by whoever it is that you're going to meet. You may have been the only candidate who sent a thank you and they just want to be sure that you're as good as they think you are.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 PM

924 posts, read 2,229,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
Hey everyone. I had a job interview last week at a dollar store. I sent them a thank you card after it (first time I ever sent one) and today I got called for a 2nd interview. He told me I can show up anytime today before he leaves at the time he said. I'm assuming they're really interested in me? What should I expect at this second interview? I'm assuming it won't take very long since he said I can come anytime before he leaves...?
sounds like a done deal, way to go (minimum wage or not, a job is a job).
How was the 2nd interview?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 PM

386 posts, read 1,051,914 times
I hope it goes well for you. I've had multiple second interview spots and am still unemployed..hopefully not the case for you. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,047,572 times
Default 2nd Interview Two Months Later

I interviewed with a firm I really liked two months ago. I wasn't confident in the interview as I felt I was being "drilled" by one of the attorneys. Since I also speak another language, I was tested on my language skills, and forgot the word for "ladder".

Needless to say, I sent a thank you letter within the next two days, and received a response from one of the attorneys about the pleasure of meeting me, and that they'd inform me of a decision in the future. Naturally, after not hearing back after a couple weeks, I moved on and applied/interviewed elsewhere. (I also thought I saw a blind ad from possibly the same place reposted on a job site.)

Earlier today, I received a phone call for a second interview later on this week. I was surprised at first, but also relieved for getting another chance, even if it seemed like a long time. I guess there's no timetable for second interviews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search