Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM

12 posts, read 151,980 times

Advertisements

I got a job offer and after it had to amend employment dates on my resume....the dates are two years worth...it was sneaky no doubt about it...

With so many people interviewing is it possible my correction to my "job profile page could go undetected seeing that they interviewed so many people....

They are using a background check company and the HR rep said "they are transitioning people through the database"...is it possible my new update can go undetected? I guess I am hoping that with so many interviews they may have forgotten these dates and that they will not notice the update on my profile when they send it to the background checking company....if that happens my resume will check out completely...... so far nothing has happened.

If people could just skip the moralizing and the lecturing I would really appreciate it....I am stressed enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 07:43 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,514,058 times
Your post isn't very clear. Do you have different dates on your resume vs. an application you filled out? So that the dates don't match?

If you could be more specific and clearer maybe someone can answer your question.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,105 posts, read 80,190,829 times
I recently had 106 applicants for one job. As soon as the resumes came into the system I would print out a copy for review. If there was an update, I'd see a flag and print a new one, and always compared to see what was different. That only happened a few times, and in most cases that was just wording changes on experience or duties of previous jobs, or spelling corrections. Dates changing could be taken as an honest mistake but if the date change added more experience one would have to be skeptical. Perhaps
bigger companies where it's more automated wouldn't notice. We only have 1,500 employees.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Seinna - the dates on my resume I interviewed with showed me still working at a job I havent since '10
....its just been so tough out there with my resume gap....I know the company is using a background check company and I called them and I know when the process begins they will ask for w2's I wont have...
It is a very large company so I thought about just going back into my resume and profile and just being straight....but this if of course after my interview.... I hate being in this mess and its all my fault. But I am getting desperate.

Bisjoe = thank you for your insight. It is a large company so maybe they dont see the updates....at least they havent since I did it 3 days ago

Old 06-24-2011, 07:18 AM

so to be clear - the resume I interviewed with shows me working.....But large companies have profiles where you upload your resume and fill out work history....the profile on the company site is what I changed to reflect the truth...im hoping they dont notice and give it right to the background check company and they just give it a green light

Old 06-24-2011, 02:41 PM

At this point I would just leave as it is and hope they don't catch it.

I don't believe they will ask you for W2s.

I'm afraid if you tell them now you changed the dates to fill in the gap they will not understand and you would not be considered for the position.

I understand why you did it, because the gap was too long and you probably wouldn't have even heard from them at all if you had more than 6 months with no employment.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:11 PM

too much changing at this point... I have read the background co asks for w2's and stuff....no sure about producing a fake one or any of that....keep your fingers crossed please

Old 06-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinglifekinda View Post
too much changing at this point... I have read the background co asks for w2's and stuff....no sure about producing a fake one or any of that....keep your fingers crossed please
Maybe they would only need to see one W2 from each company to verify you worked there.

Not W2s from every year of employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search