Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 AM

531 posts, read 2,898,606 times

Advertisements

Curious to hear what others think of this resume format. I think it looks very nice, but it has a fairly radical change in that there are no bullet points listing specific details on job experience. Rather you just basically write individual sentences.

I put mine in this format and again, I think it looks great, but I'm not sure if the lack of bullets will just turn people off. In my case, for my most recent job, I have 5 sentences grouped together describing my current job experience.

Give your résumé a face lift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,391 times
Yes, get rid of Times New Roman. Every paper I wrote in High School and college was in Times New Roman, size 12. After a while, that typeface just got boring. Personally I like the Veradana typeface.

Does anyone still use an objective in their resume? I did but eventually just got rid of that part over time.

I still prefer to use bullet points rather than sentences. I believe it's easier for the reader to scan the information quickly. The only downside to bullet points is when company's ask you to copy your resume to its own blank sheet and the bullet points come back as weird characters.

The experts always say that resumes will get you the invitation to an interview, but in my life it seems that an invitation for a job interview has been based on knowing someone within the company. But in this tough job market, any advantage such as a well written, well formatted resume can only help.
----------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search