Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
Are they required to let you know if you don't pass the preemployment screening or background check??

Articles say you should be "upfront" about any issues that may appear in a background check before it is run. I received an offer for a long term contract/temp job which required a full background/credit check. I was upfront about my credit issues and what I was doing to resolve them. The recruiter told me they would run the credit first and let me know where I stood.
I signed the authorization forms etc... I NEVER heard back from anyone and the recruiter I believe is purposely avoiding me by sending my call to voicemail when ever I call. This recruiter is from a third party employment agency that is the preferred vendor for that client
I thought if you get turned down for a job based on results from a background/credit check at the very least you are supposed to be notified with a formal letter referencing the credit reporting agency.
Purposely not responding even if the information isn't 'Positive' is unprofessional and also rude & immature.
The formal letter comes from the agency that completed the background. If you came back screened as a "do not hire" the company would then be instructed to allow the background company to handle your candidacy from that point. You, if they are indeed not going forward with your application due to the background, should be given a chance to review the file and determine if there is anything in the file that is inaccurate.

So, don;t assume that they are being rude and immature. If the company or recruiter tells you, you could sue for discrimination. If the background company tells you according to the standards and policies set in place by the background company, the actual employer is protected.

In large companies, the actual employees of the company and its recruiters never see your actual results, merely an indication of whether or not to hire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i wish they would give constructive criticism as to why they did not hire the people they rejected
Please, please stop posting the exact same thing in every thread. You have asked and have been answered. I think everyone here is trying to be nice to you as you seem a little desperate, but it is rapidly reaching the point where your incessant comments are becoming an issue.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Should work the other way too especially when you talk about "cost effective"

Employers should have a good idea of what a fair and reasonable salary is for the position and communicate that upfront with the prospective employee (at the minimum) provide some kind of range. "DOE" or "Competitive" mean so many different things. Saves both the em/or and the em/ee time.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Please, please stop posting the exact same thing in every thread. You have asked and have been answered. I think everyone here is trying to be nice to you as you seem a little desperate, but it is rapidly reaching the point where your incessant comments are becoming an issue.
well i'm hardcore desperate for a job, even if it is minimum-wage i will gladly take it thats why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search