Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 PM

100 posts, read 328,817 times

Advertisements

So, I was feeling rather ambitious today and applied to lots of jobs.

I uploaded my resume onto careerbuilder and manually applied to about 2 or 3 jobs in the marketing field that I thought would be a good fit.

After I applied, careerbuilder "recommends" other jobs one can apply to and gave me whole list of jobs to choose from....all of these were "recommended jobs that I could apply for" All it requires u do is check a box and careerbuilder will automatically apply for u.

Well.... I checked every single box and technically "applied" to like 30-40 jobs that were recommended to me. Careerbuilder will send the company of a copy of ur most recent resume after u do that.

well, about 2 hours later I have like 4 or 5 comapnies wanting to set me up on job interview. One company has already called me to set up an interview and about 4 others have emailed me.

Has anyone else done anything similar or had anything similar happen to them? Do u think these jobs are legit? They're mostly marketing jobs, but I was shocked that so many companies contacted me with an hour or 2 after submissions.

Last edited by dreamingofsunshine123; 09-12-2011 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
wow that must be how it feels to be the hot chick on online dating sites lol. I had one job offer from that site but they were far and few between luckily im already employed and was just looking for a substantial bump up in pay but it was a wash offer with what I was making.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:27 PM

Since creating this thread like an hour ago, i've since received 3 more offers to come in for an interview.

AHHHH, I can't even keep up. I haven't called any of them yet, as im still in work

Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Interesting, it will be interesting to see what pans out on those jobs...if they are really even worth bothering with...because I bet most will be commission based only. My Mom has got mostly junk mail in her SPAM box, that is about it.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting, it will be interesting to see what pans out on those jobs...if they are really even worth bothering with...because I bet most will be commission based only. My Mom has got mostly junk mail in her SPAM box, that is about it.
Yea I was wondering that as well, I bet ALL of them are commission based. Thats not a bad deal but if its commission I would want sales stats and a fatty percentage, otherwise its not worth your time.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Hmm I have to use a spam bait free email account for careerbuilder due to the enormous amount of spam and scam coming from it. However, I have had a few legitimate interviews from them.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM

The current job im at is because of careerbuilder. and so was my last one, so im not discounting these yet, im just kind of surprised that so many companies have been reaching out to me within2 to 3 hours of submitting a resme.

like am I really that awesome??? lol jk.... but seriously...uhhh wtf

Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofsunshine123 View Post
The current job im at is because of careerbuilder. and so was my last one, so im not discounting these yet, im just kind of surprised that so many companies have been reaching out to me within2 to 3 hours of submitting a resme.

like am I really that awesome??? lol jk.... but seriously...uhhh wtf

Considering you in the land of scammers(Florida) I wouldn't get too excited.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound right.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Considering you in the land of scammers(Florida) I wouldn't get too excited.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound right.
ur a total debby downer, but ur prob right

Old 09-12-2011, 03:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofsunshine123 View Post
ur a total debby downer, but ur prob right
Sorry, but I saw FL and read your post and looked at the time frame you gave. As the old saying goes "if it sounds to go to be true".

What legitimate company has someone standing by ready to contact people that quickly?

You can contact them but I would proceed with caution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search