Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Let's define what a long wait is. Waiting 15-20 minutes is not really that long. Now if you've got me waiting 30 minutes already and nobody comes out to tell me why and when I'll be seen, then yes, I might just leave and forget it altogether. It depends how bad you want that job and what kind of company it is. Maybe it's a F500 company that pays nicely. Or maybe it's a Joe Schmo place.

I waited 30 mins at the interview I had two weeks ago and never heard anything back from them. So maybe I can add a long wait to the bad signs at a interview list? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 03:54 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,159 times
I think, seriously, that anything over 20 minutes without a word from anyone would make the average person wonder WTF is going on. I would take a few points away from the employer. I would wonder what other issues are going on in that company, other than lack of basic courtesy and poor time management. It's definitely smoke.And where there's smoke.....

Old 12-16-2012, 03:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
I think, seriously, that anything over 20 minutes without a word from anyone would make the average person wonder WTF is going on. I would take a few points away from the employer. I would wonder what other issues are going on in that company, other than lack of basic courtesy and poor time management. It's definitely smoke.And where there's smoke.....

I had staff coming up to me saying......."Is anyone assisting you? I been seeing sit out here a long time"

LOL

Old 12-16-2012, 04:05 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,159 times
I would still take points away, though. Either way. In this economy, the employers think we're all desperate. They don't know anything about us but they automatically think we'll "bend over and take it" (excuse the euphemism). If I get a sense that they're f*ng with me at the interview, I will drop the bomb on them with things like "I have a business on the side" or that I'm self employed, and then I'll make something up believable. But I only do this if I am very sure they're f*g with me. I have been out of work before and searching. Never have I experienced the kind of rudeness and other inconsiderate behavior as I have during this Recession. It is absolutely unreal.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:37 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I had staff coming up to me saying......."Is anyone assisting you? I been seeing sit out here a long time"
I'd seriously reconsider applying to any company whose staff came out to see me and said, "I been seeing ..." or any similar nails-on-chalkboard grammatical blunders. How would they answer the phone, loudly snapping gum and with a "Yeah what!"?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'd seriously reconsider applying to any company whose staff came out to see me and said, "I been seeing ..." or any similar nails-on-chalkboard grammatical blunders. How would they answer the phone, loudly snapping gum and with a "Yeah what!"?

Who cares

Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Who cares
Most professionals.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,476 times
exactly, to me waiting a long time would be weeks, months, obviously not minutes or days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search