Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 04:09 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,566,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
Yes I did, I haven't heard from my references yet....Should I call administrator too? And what should I say when I call another HR person? (It's so funny because I just received a phone call from another department for another position that I also applied for the same hospital to call them to schedule an interview LOL).
That's very strange, did they even mention that you're in the running for one position or did it sound like they don't even know you have already interviewed there?

At this point I would say nothing and go on this interview, and wait and see if you hear back about the first job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM

652 posts, read 1,272,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's very strange, did they even mention that you're in the running for one position or did it sound like they don't even know you have already interviewed there?

At this point I would say nothing and go on this interview, and wait and see if you hear back about the first job.
I applied for several position in different departments and they don't know I applied there. This is a big hospital having different departments, hospitals etc all over in my area...I am going for this interview but I still want to pursue this first position and I would like to know what should I say to another HR person when I call and if I still should call administrator and what to tell her? I am planning on calling on Wednesday, and I just find out that Hr chick hasn't contacted my references....and I am really hoping if this second opportunity goes through I don't have to deal with same Hr chick for the process LOL! I don't want to point fingers when I call another person in HR because there is a possibility that there might something happened but maybe if I could just explain the situation?

Last edited by katalin; 12-12-2011 at 04:42 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I applied for several position in different departments and they don't know I applied there. This is a big hospital having different departments, hospitals etc all over in my area...I am going for this interview but I still want to pursue this first position and I would like to know what should I say to another HR person when I call and if I still should call administrator and what to tell her? I am planning on calling on Wednesday, and I just find out that Hr chick hasn't contacted my references....and I am really hoping if this second opportunity goes through I don't have to deal with same Hr chick for the process LOL! I don't want to point fingers when I call another person in HR because there is a possibility that there might something happened but maybe if I could just explain the situation?
So is this second position in a different physical location? With a different HR dept?

Or is the person who called you today from the same HR office that you're having a problem with?

And who are you interviewing with this time? HR or the dept. you would be working in?

I would hold off on saying anything unless you just want to send an e-mail in a few days asking a status of your reference check. I don't know why she would be holding off calling your references.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
So is this second position in a different physical location? With a different HR dept?

Or is the person who called you today from the same HR office that you're having a problem with?

And who are you interviewing with this time? HR or the dept. you would be working in?

I would hold off on saying anything unless you just want to send an e-mail in a few days asking a status of your reference check. I don't know why she would be holding off calling your references.
the person who called me is another administrator but this time it is from a doctor's office...I have to call doctor's office tomorrow because person who called wasn't in. I would be interviewing with the person from doctor's office but I don't know if it goes through who is going to be the HR person handling my hiring process....There are 3 or more different HR departments in different locations and I don't know how many HR persons are working in one location. I know that this HR chick whom I am having a problem with went to another location to interview me which was closer to my house....so even if someone likes me again she can travel from one location to another and here we go again seeing her again will be very awkward!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
the person who called me is another administrator but this time it is from a doctor's office...I have to call doctor's office tomorrow because person who called wasn't in. I would be interviewing with the person from doctor's office but I don't know if it goes through who is going to be the HR person handling my hiring process....There are 3 or more different HR departments in different locations and I don't know how many HR persons are working in one location. I know that this HR chick whom I am having a problem with went to another location to interview me which was closer to my house....so even if someone likes me again she can travel from one location to another and here we go again seeing her again will be very awkward!!!
Well that is good that you would be interviewing directly with the doctor's office.

I really would hope you don't get her again. She doesn't seem to know what she is doing.

If you did get her again, I would find out who you could talk and just state the facts, and get someone else in HR to handle this one. Especially if this first job falls through.

From what you sent me, you had the job pending the reference check. So what is this woman doing that she can't call these people when you provided the information last Wednesday.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM

Default re

Quote:
Well that is good that you would be interviewing directly with the doctor's office.

I really would hope you don't get her again. She doesn't seem to know what she is doing.

If you did get her again, I would find out who you could talk and just state the facts, and get someone else in HR to handle this one. Especially if this first job falls through.

From what you sent me, you had the job pending the reference check. So what is this woman doing that she can't call these people when you provided the information last Wednesday.
Maybe she is thinking about a reason not to hire me but she couldn't come up with one.....and hoping that I will give up in the meantime lol!

Last edited by katalin; 12-12-2011 at 06:00 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 PM

Default re

If I find out by Wednesday that HR chick hasn't called my references than I am planning on e-mailing HR chick and cc administrator to follow up on why my references haven't been checked yet in a very professional calm way....is this a good idea? Please don't tell me to give up because I go for what I want. I defected my country all by myself (I am a woman) few few few years ago. I didn't speak any English when I came here but I forced myself to learn it on my own. I studied for the test to become a US citizen and I did it. I went to cosmetology/barber school and I had to use dictionary for test and I had one of the highest score in class, then I changed careers in the medical field and I did it, I worked for famous companies in the medical field because I did it....so this is a piece of cake for me and I won't give up....

Last edited by katalin; 12-12-2011 at 06:15 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
If I find out by Wednesday that HR chick hasn't called my references than I am planning on e-mailing HR chick and cc administrator to follow up on why my references hasn't been checked yet in a very professional calm way....is this a good idea?
I would think that would be OK, that way it will have been a full week since you provided the references. This way the administrator will know that your references have not been called.

It shouldn't take a week to make two phone calls.

Maybe someone else can weigh in, I don't want to give you bad advice.

You do have this other interview to schedule with a different office.

It's kind of a delicate situation. I think someone besides this HR woman needs to know she is holding you up by not checking references.

At the same time you don't want rock the boat too much. But this woman(who as you said isn't even a full time employee) is holding up the show.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I would think that would be OK, that way it will have been a full week since you provided the references. This way the administrator will know that your references have not been called.

It shouldn't take a week to make two phone calls.

Maybe someone else can weigh in, I don't want to give you bad advice.

You do have this other interview to schedule with a different office.

It's kind of a delicate situation. I think someone besides this HR woman needs to know she is holding you up by not checking references.

At the same time you don't want rock the boat too much. But this woman(who as you said isn't even a full time employee) is holding up the show.
What do you mean by "Maybe someone else can weigh in"? thanks!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
What do you mean by "Maybe someone else can weigh in"? thanks!
Other posters who have some ideas.

IMO, I think a week is enough since she insisted on you needing two references from former supervisors who would provide more than just employment verification.

You did that last Wens, today is Monday and she still hasn't contacted them.

So I think a polite e-mail to her and the adminstrator(so someone else is aware of the hold up) just asking a status is OK. Obviously you contacted your references and they're expecting this call. Which should have happened by last Friday.

Because in the e-mails you shared with me she told you she needed this in order to proceed and made it sound kind of urgent. You supplied that information and now she is sitting on it for some reason.

Very odd.

In the meantime you go on this other interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search