U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 PM

4,791 posts, read 13,284,212 times

Advertisements

If you're employed at a 9 month temp job at $24 / hr and you leave for a higher paying temp or permanent job, does that hurt your future relationship with your temp employer? I've always stayed at temp jobs until completion, but I applied for a Proe Designer Detailer job with ESPO Engineering and I finally called them as to why I was not called for the job. They said I was in their database but they couldn't use me... I was surprised I was blacklisted by this temp firm... She said something happened in 1994 - 95 with me - maybe this was with Int Jensen where I got paranoid on the job and lost this job. I told her that was very long ago but she dismissed me, so I said I would blacklist her too by telling every employer I work at not to use ESPO Engineering.

What are your experiences with leaving a recruiter's temp job for another job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 05:52 PM

8,942 posts, read 13,510,932 times
Some agencies will blacklist you for any old reason such as leaving for a better opportunity. The one I work for wants a 30 day notice. However there are no shortage of agencies out there so it is usually no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or