Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:25 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times

Advertisements

3.5 years unemployed and I took a break from job hunting during my Nov 2010 to Feb 2011 Philippines trip. Then when I had a job interview and it looked good that I would get hired I slacked off a little on job searching / applications [3 times].

Next week if I sign up for 2 Wright College night classes [5:30 to 10:00 pm M- Th for 2 months] and if the weather's good for bike riding workouts to lose weight, - then maybe I'll apply to very few jobs... - only good jobs that are worth it... and I would devote those 2 months to weight loss and school. I can't handle the stress of night school and work like that, and I admire my mom who taught school, graded papers after school, and went to night school to finish her Master's, - and this GREATLY increased her teacher's salary!

But now, sometimes I feel I should take a day off and relax and just play video games all day as a "mini - vacation"... Then I'd catch up with the job hunt on the other days.

Have you unemployed people take a break from the jobhunt? Did you do it because of burnout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
I would sometimes take a day off a week if I was feeling especially tired, sick or frustrated. Once or twice I may have taken 2 in a week. Looking for a job is a job in itself, but you can get burned out. Sometimes you have to walk away from it for a day or two to regroup.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Why bother asking, Jesse? You've not had a job in 3.5 years, get by on your SS disability and the other bennies you collect, manage to spend thousands on electronics and women's clothes every year and are hardly suffering from job-search burnout. Give us a break.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 AM

827 posts, read 1,089,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Why bother asking, Jesse? You've not had a job in 3.5 years, get by on your SS disability and the other bennies you collect, manage to spend thousands on electronics and women's clothes every year and are hardly suffering from job-search burnout. Give us a break.
He gets his kicks from pretending that he cares about this stuff.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
There should only be one break when unemployed..."The weekend"

Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I would sometimes take a day off a week if I was feeling especially tired, sick or frustrated. Once or twice I may have taken 2 in a week. Looking for a job is a job in itself, but you can get burned out. Sometimes you have to walk away from it for a day or two to regroup.
When I first read your post I thought you were saying you took a week off-lol I was like.."Oh she must live with a man or her parents to be doing something like that. But if I was to take a break it would be a Monday since it's the beginning of the week. I'm more agressive with cold emailing or calling on friday so I can get lots of calls on Monday and tuesday.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When I first read your post I thought you were saying you took a week off-lol I was like.."Oh she must live with a man or her parents to be doing something like that. But if I was to take a break it would be a Monday since it's the beginning of the week. I'm more agressive with cold emailing or calling on friday so I can get lots of calls on Monday and tuesday.
With all due respect, TVSG, your CD posting history totally disparages this response.

Amazing that you can even say that with a straight face.

The OP on this thread is a cross-dresser and if, in all the years you've been contributing to CD forums, you'd paid more attention to his posts you would know to whom you're responding and commenting about. But this is typical of you, it's always all about you and your "rules" and nothing to do with anyone else. Incredibly selfish to the nth degree and never a learning curve on the horizon.

The two of you might want to get together via DMs as methinks you have much in common.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
With all due respect, TVSG, your CD posting history totally disparages this response.

Amazing that you can even say that with a straight face.

The OP on this thread is a cross-dresser and if, in all the years you've been contributing to CD forums, you'd paid more attention to his posts you would know to whom you're responding and commenting about. But this is typical of you, it's always all about you and your "rules" and nothing to do with anyone else. Incredibly selfish to the nth degree and never a learning curve on the horizon.

The two of you might want to get together via DMs as methinks you have much in common.

Why are you being so nasty to me all of a sudden?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:29 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
You & TVSG should get together and compare notes on How to stay gainfully unemployed and still be blissfully happy.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
You & TVSG should get together and compare notes on How to stay gainfully unemployed and still be blissfully happy.
That's not really beyond the bounds of reality. I think TVSG might pretty easily qualify for SSDI and that Jesse could easily show him the ropes of how to collect other bennies at the same time. Jesse has all the internet setups and toys to keep TVSG happy where TV sitcom reruns and real-time sports are concerned.

The only possible glitch I see is that Jesse's large wardrobe of women's clothes could in no way accommodate TVSG's very large body mass without hugely expensive tailoring alterations. But that in and of itself may not be an insurmountable problem at all. One never knows ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search