Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM

867 posts, read 1,582,164 times

Advertisements

I was a temp at the large company in Raleigh. The agency that sent me to the job said that they always got good feedback about me. That was until last Monday when the company/dept manager fired me for acting bored. I wasn't bored so much as tired at the end of the day. That was my job, to check other people's work on the computer, all day long. It was like being a teacher and I was grading homework.

The dept mgr told the Agency to find me another job. I asked them if the dept mgr really told them that and they said yes. They also said they would try to find me something else, but nothing yet.

Here's my question. Will one agency call another agency and ask about me? Getting a reference for me but without my consent?

The reason I'm asking is becuase I've been sending out resumes to other agencies as well as companies and have only received 2 call backs and 1 interview with an actual company. Could the first agency or even the company I temped with, be getting calls about me and I've been getting bad reviews?

Just wondering how tight the Agency community is with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 PM

39 posts, read 150,606 times
I've heard its illegal to give bad reviews about employees, I imagine that's especially true if you never consented to them being a reference in the first place.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 PM

241 posts, read 1,018,689 times
That's the way it is now, you send in many resumes and apps and you dont get a reply back.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 PM

24,488 posts, read 40,997,192 times
There may or may not exist central databases that we use to keep notes on staff and share across multiple agencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search