U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 487 times

Advertisements

Accountancy

# Business Law

# Economics

# Finance, Real Estate, Insurance & Financial Services

# Global Supply Chain Management

# Information Systems

# Management

# Marketing

# Systems and Operations Management

Through all these I need help finding a major. I have a councilor however, they don't help much ._.""
Anyways I need help finding the employment rate % or whatever statistics

And I need the salary.

And of course, from a reliable source that's up to date if possible. But your opinion is fine too!

Thank You very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:12 AM

319 posts, read 453,722 times
I doubt the current employment rate is going to be of much use considering you have years of schooling ahead of you and a lot can change during that time.

However, I recommend YOU do some research and look at the job outlook for certain industries/careers. EBSCO is an online research database that should be available through your school's library. It is the premier research tool - IMO - for everything business-related. Look and see if certain careers are expected to grow over the next decade.

Also, there is a big difference between marketing, economics and IS. If you truly have an interest and passion for all of the listed fields, that's great. However, I have never met such a person. Therefore, you also need to take into account what you are interested in - what you enjoy - what you see yourself doing well into the future.

And lastly, don't pursue something because you think you can make a lot of money. Trust me, a high-paying gig that makes you want to shoot yourself every day you walk into the building is not a good thing!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 AM

873 posts, read 1,357,556 times
Well I was a marketing major. It's really fun and it allows me to be creative. You can make good money in accounting and finance, but I dont have any interest in those areas. So pursue what you like and go from there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or