Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
TV, you're UE again???

Good grief

Yeah I'm the cause of the change in Governor who slashed funding for several programs in Philadelphia in 2011. Please don't talk retarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah I'm the cause of the change in Governor who slashed funding for several programs in Philadelphia in 2011. Please don't talk retarded.
You go first

okay, I interpret your mangled english to mean you lost your job due to funding changes?

Sorry to hear that TV, but you don't seem to have learned a lot in my absence frankly.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
You go first

okay, I interpret your mangled english to mean you lost your job due to funding changes?

Sorry to hear that TV, but you don't seem to have learned a lot in my absence frankly.

Because you want to blame me when it's the field i;m in and not my performance. I never in my life worked for a job that closed down so it's the sign of the times for my field and not me. And why poke fun at some for losing their job?

Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
You go first

In January of 2011, a new Governor was elected who is a Republican and has started eliminated tons of non-profit programs. So yes I get upset because I don't like having my situation of having no job made fun of because I WANT TO WORK instead of being home all day.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:03 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
I believe I said 90% of my job applications are "direct email". It;s not that often I complete online applications. I only did it once back in March and was going to do it again for the second time this year and decided not to when they wanted me to list my references
So you are basically choosing to limit your job options because you don't want to adapt to the new way hiring has gone with technology. Seems like a poor decision.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I understand not wanting to provide your SSN, but I don't really see the (potential) harm in providing references. Really, what are you worried about?
It's rather odd. Places just want to have your full information if they decide to move ahead with you. Who wants to have to double back for references. Some wild conspiracy theories here.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
TV GUY has it figured out. He's got a full time job, Staying Unemployed. Hey, that takes a lot of time out of your day, you have to sleep, 12 hours a day, don't answer phones, don't beat the streets, watch TV Sports, (that sometimes interferes with sleep time, but some sacrifices have to be made) Collect that ck, explain to everyone on the internet how hard it is to get a job, and why I don't apply, or what rules/policies I won't follow. Now, sleep, and start this vicious cycle again tomorrow. (Damn phone won't stop ringing)
Very funny, you just made me smile

Old 07-09-2012, 07:58 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
In January of 2011, a new Governor was elected who is a Republican and has started eliminated tons of non-profit programs. So yes I get upset because I don't like having my situation of having no job made fun of because I WANT TO WORK instead of being home all day.

I'd get away from non profits. Government discretionary spending, which is its funding source, is going to continue to shrink, making life at these non profits riskier every year.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'd get away from non profits. Government discretionary spending, which is its funding source, is going to continue to shrink, making life at these non profits riskier every year.

I did make an attempt but the one profit company asked me this question over the phone and I never made it to the next round of interviews

"Are you employed now?"

Once she got my answer I never made it to the second round

Old 07-09-2012, 08:07 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
TV, have you considered looking outside your "field"?

I had to when jobs in my field dried up around here (at decent wages anyway). The job I have now may not be ideal but it keeps a roof over my head, gas in the car, food on the table and the lights on, until that "recovery" actually happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search