U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,748,603 times

Advertisements

wow, i guess if you want to do a forgery that's your business but bragging about it on facebook? baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. don't brag about lying to your employer (with your real name attached, to people you know, and what are your privacy settings on facebook, i wonder?) is like rule #2 of the internet after don't brag about crimes you did. you do know that prospective employers often look at candidates' social media accounts, right?

i can't count how many people at my work have gotten caught for various things (faking a workplace injury, taking fmla for unauthorized reasons, etc) because they posted incriminating things on facebook. and that wasn't even them bragging about it, it was just them posting pictures of them doing things that didn't fit with what they told the boss. and it was their "friends" on there who brought it to the manager's attention.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 PM

47 posts, read 178,726 times
I still believe I made the right decision

Old 05-16-2013, 05:34 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,748,603 times
you obviously did! trying to forge a paystub would have been idiotic. like a seinfeld episode that's not funny.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM

15,849 posts, read 30,438,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Olson View Post
Hi all,

First post here. I hope you can help me out.. I might have f*** up a great opportunity.

I am currently employed but looking for something new. I currently make 48k and I fell that I am underpaid in many ways.
I went to a interview a few weeks ago and it went really good until he asked me how much I currently made.. I answered that I made 60k which is a fair salary for my current position at this moment.

Three days later they email me with a offer of 62k.. great! well just until they asked me for pay stubs as corporate office need to be substantiated to my offer.

Yes, I shouldn't have lied.. too bad. But again, am I interested in working for a company asking me for paystubs? Should I confess or refuse to show stubs?

Benjamin
Tell them the figure you gave them included bonuses and the dollar equivalent of "perks" such as a company car, expense account, educational reimbursement, etc. Which IS considered part of the salary, even though it is not paid on the paycheck.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or