U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM

4,753 posts, read 6,524,948 times

Advertisements

I am not suggesting lying, in fact, right now I am dealing with some employment issues and while reading through the various documents, employee handbook on benefits, etc, I have seen the statement that if it is discovered that an employee lied about anything during the application/hiring process it can make him/her ineligible for various benefits if that is discovered.

I do feel for the OP, though. Its a difficult situation to be in. And I do believe that if they were willing to offer you that, then it really shouldn't matter what you made before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 05:33 PM

32,364 posts, read 59,796,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindAlleyKat View Post
When I got my current job I was asked to show my pay stubs and tax returns but it was only to confirm my dates of employment.
And you gave it to them?

And how does a tax return show your dates of employment?

This bullcrap by employers has got to stop.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,965,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I am not suggesting lying, in fact, right now I am dealing with some employment issues and while reading through the various documents, employee handbook on benefits, etc, I have seen the statement that if it is discovered that an employee lied about anything during the application/hiring process it can make him/her ineligible for various benefits if that is discovered.

I do feel for the OP, though. Its a difficult situation to be in. And I do believe that if they were willing to offer you that, then it really shouldn't matter what you made before.
This is pretty common. When I worked in a large payroll company many if the terminations for our clients that were involuntary were due to unsatisfactory background checks. This reason could be used for people well past the new hire stage.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:43 PM

107 posts, read 183,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I am sorry, but this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. What employer with half a brain would fall for this?

Doing this would do nothing but scream that you are lying.

Not really, I am in IT field and I have had to sign one of these at almost every Techie company I have worked for in the past. If if that employer still came back still trying to pry info out of you . Just flip the script and say if I was your employee would you honestly want me to void/violate your non-disclosure clause if I worked for the company. I betcha they say no.

It is a perfect valid answer.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:48 PM

37,088 posts, read 45,594,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Olson View Post
As I understand they can, when hired and signed contract, contact my old employer and ask for the information.. and then fire me.
I am pretty sure that your old employer cannot, and will not give out that kind of personal information.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 PM

107 posts, read 183,471 times
If you wish to continue .. Google ---------------------> paycheck stub generator .

Old 06-27-2012, 06:20 PM

5,549 posts, read 14,215,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I don't think scanning it and forging the numbers will work- you would have to try to closely guess all of the various deductions, taxes, with holdings, etc ...
You are probably the one who repped me and wrote "stupid post."

You don't have to closely guess anything. FICA is 7.65%. The other withholdings can stay - as-is.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 PM

419 posts, read 709,121 times
Corporate America...the place where honesty matters...

Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 PM

4,753 posts, read 6,524,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
You are probably the one who repped me and wrote "stupid post."
Ummmmmmmmmm.......no.

Not quite my style.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM

1,735 posts, read 6,092,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminaljusticegrad View Post
Corporate America...the place where honesty matters...
No, not yet. We still need to pass legislation which makes it illegal for a hiring manager/HR rep or other company representative to lie to/mislead an employee/candidate, while preserving the right and privilege of an employee/candidate to lie to/mislead an employer at their discretion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or