U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:50 PM

7,238 posts, read 10,896,252 times

Advertisements

Randomdude, this is the same guy who blatantly said that he hates hiring Americans and will only hire illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM

4,980 posts, read 8,437,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
The OP method is ridiculously drawn out, and thats exactly how companies end up with nobody "qualified". After 25 layers of people/machines are done chipping away the "undesireables", its surprising anyone ever even gets an interview, forget about being hired.
Agreed.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Randomdude, this is the same guy who blatantly said that he hates hiring Americans and will only hire illegals.

Agreed.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,859,989 times
Quote:
We DO NOT HIRE ILLEGALS, we hire skilled employees and as of right now, the majorty are foreigners. If the US Governement allows us to hire foreigners to work in the USA instead of forcing su to hire only americans, and they are the best qualified, why shouldn't we be hiring them. Isn't that your whole point that the BEST qualified isn't being hired due to some mystical corporate conspiracy to hire firend and family?
Now your saying hire base on nationalism and not qualifications
Anywhay how would that play out with the dozens of americans we have working for us in foreign countries? Do we fire them and hire local folks even though the american may be better quailfied for that position?
If so, why not allow each state to force companies to only hire residents of that state.?!? Oh, can;t do that cause that goes aginst what your moops have been saying about its so unfair to place residency restriction and is un-american.
hey, maybe we should lay off those employeed, alow the unemeployed to have their jobs and give unemeployment to thsoe who wer emplyed so they undersatnd what the unemplyed are going through, That seem to meet your version of how it should be.

Again, we hire the best candidate for the positions and if that candidate is a forigner, so be it because the manager in Jorea or Brazil or Kuwait or Russia or... may decide an amaerican is the best candidate over a resident and I bet you have no qualms about it that way, would you?

OK, now I understand the DM's about the 3 Stooges, I got it folks.....

Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 PM

7,238 posts, read 10,896,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
We DO NOT HIRE ILLEGALS, we hire skilled employees and as of right now, the majorty are foreigners. If the US Governement allows us to hire foreigners to work in the USA instead of forcing su to hire only americans, and they are the best qualified, why shouldn't we be hiring them. Isn't that your whole point that the BEST qualified isn't being hired due to some mystical corporate conspiracy to hire firend and family?
Now your saying hire base on nationalism and not qualifications
Anywhay how would that play out with the dozens of americans we have working for us in foreign countries? Do we fire them and hire local folks even though the american may be better quailfied for that position?
If so, why not allow each state to force companies to only hire residents of that state.?!? Oh, can;t do that cause that goes aginst what your moops have been saying about its so unfair to place residency restriction and is un-american.
hey, maybe we should lay off those employeed, alow the unemeployed to have their jobs and give unemeployment to thsoe who wer emplyed so they undersatnd what the unemplyed are going through, That seem to meet your version of how it should be.

Again, we hire the best candidate for the positions and if that candidate is a forigner, so be it because the manager in Jorea or Brazil or Kuwait or Russia or... may decide an amaerican is the best candidate over a resident and I bet you have no qualms about it that way, would you?

OK, now I understand the DM's about the 3 Stooges, I got it folks.....
Your exact post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I'm sorry but I have just about hired my last american worker and from now on, I'll look outside the borders for a good reliable quality workforce.
It doesn't matter if they're not technically illegal, the fact of the matter is you're using H-1B foreigners to take jobs away that should belong to Americans, and forcing the wages of Americans who do have jobs down, which is the same thing that happens with illegal aliens.

If you hate Americans so much and don't want to be criticized about your hiring process, move to India where you can hire all the foreigners you want. Tons of companies have already done so.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 PM

15,024 posts, read 21,739,781 times
I would imagine your process takes so long that the 'ideal candidate' will have accepted another job by that time.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they're not technically illegal, the fact of the matter is you're using H-1B foreigners to take jobs away that should belong to Americans, and forcing the wages of Americans who do have jobs down, which is the same thing that happens with illegal aliens.

If you hate Americans so much and don't want to be criticized about your hiring process, move to India where you can hire all the foreigners you want. Tons of companies have already done so.
Hum, have I hit a protectionism nerve?

First we do not need H1B workers because we are not an american comoany based in the USA, we are a foreign corporation based in overseas and american workers are technically foreign workers.

As for forcing the wages down, do you have any idea what my compensation package is compared to a similarly situated american worker employed for an american company? We have absolutely no US citizen ever complain about what we pay. Quite the opposite. because the compensation package of all employees include the corporate profits, the more the company makes, the more employees make.

I don;t need to move to India since i can hire employees from India right here. And I;m sure we can hire americans to work in India just as well. I noticed everyone is avoiding answering the question about americans working in foreign countries. Are we willing to make it a two way street?

Anyways, what does any of this have to do with hiring practices?

Now, let me throw this out to you. Describe the hiring practice you would implement (the steps and processes) if you had the chance to do it your way!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Jobs Gained/Lost over the Next Two Years4
Obama Plan +2,100,000 U.S. jobs
Working-Age Foreigners Admitted Legally and
Authorized to Work Under Current Law -3,300,000 U.S. jobs
Illegal Aliens Currently Working in U.S. Jobs -7,700,000 U.S. jobs

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/f...ork%282%29.pdf

Does the United States Need Foreign Workers?

Old 07-19-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Jobs Gained/Lost over the Next Two Years4
Obama Plan +2,100,000 U.S. jobs
Working-Age Foreigners Admitted Legally and
Authorized to Work Under Current Law -3,300,000 U.S. jobs
Illegal Aliens Currently Working in U.S. Jobs -7,700,000 U.S. jobs

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/f...ork%282%29.pdf
Does the United States Need Foreign Workers?
More distracting dribble....... All you doing is showing your unable to focus on the task at hand, Hope thats not how you work cause you would have been fired!

SO\/

What hiring practices would you put in place to best vet the most qualified candidate for a position?
In other simpe words, you have the power to create whatever practices and procedures you want for a position that openned. What would you create?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 AM

5,517 posts, read 9,015,420 times
Moderator cut: orphanedI have no problem "keeping a job", nor do I have a particuliar problem getting one. Ive been offered nearly every job Ive ever interviewed for. Ive actually honed my BS'ing skills to expert levels. I cut right through people like you, no problem.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 07-20-2012 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or