U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 01:09 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,873,391 times

Advertisements

I sent a bunch of resumes through this email address I had a few weeks back. The email sever I was using was from another country (used it since I was studying abroad). I found out weeks later that some of the emails from that address were going to spam folders, since it was a foreign server and some people's emails automatically put it in spam. However, I know some people did indeed receive my emails. So it's all up to chance as to whether certain emails received it (and if the user checks their spam folder if it did go to spam). There was one job in particular that I REALLY want and I do think I am qualified for. While it is very possible that these employers did indeed receive my resume, but just weren't interested in contacting me, I am worried that it went to spam and they didn't get it. If that's the case and I sent them the resume again, the worst that could happen is that I'd just annoy them and they'd delete it again. But in the case that they did get it and perhaps WERE interested but were waiting to call, and then receive an email from me again, am I ruining my chances of getting an interview?

I know that's really detailed but I'm kind of kicking myself now that I realize some of my emails go to spam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 01:17 PM

653 posts, read 1,552,024 times
That is infuriating isn't it. Web hosters sell space to spammers, and then the whole IP address (sometimes with hundreds of websites) goes on all the blacklists.

I'd send it again. If you explain, make it very brief.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:27 PM

4,402 posts, read 11,623,738 times
Resend with a US email address. Explain briefly that you are resending to avoid any possible contact issues with the previous foreign account

Old 08-04-2012, 01:31 PM

15,036 posts, read 21,772,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Resend with a US email address. Explain briefly that you are resending to avoid any possible contact issues with the previous foreign account

Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,638,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
This. As long as you include that brief statement in the body of your email, it won't annoy them. In all honesty they probably got so many responses that they'd never notice the second resume from the same person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or