U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:31 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,094,161 times
Reputation: 7282

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Yeah right, real companies do it every day. Get a grip.
Some may, and they might be getting together possibilities for future jobs, but to do it for laughs or "misery loves company", as this clown did, is simply mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: 112 Ocean Avenue
5,706 posts, read 8,138,095 times
Reputation: 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Some may, and they might be getting together possibilities for future jobs,
Look, you can side with companies and all their trickery as long as you like, but that doesn't change the fact that they play potential job candidates like fiddles, and they don't care one bit what impact it has on 'em.

At least this guy came clean and told everyone what he did and why he did it. That's puts him head & shoulders above companies who keep their dirty little secrets hidden from the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,094,161 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
At least this guy came clean and told everyone what he did and why he did it.
After the fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Yeah right, real companies do it every day. Get a grip.
Yes they do. I just saw a company do it today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Some may, and they might be getting together possibilities for future jobs, but to do it for laughs or "misery loves company", as this clown did, is simply mean.

Bob you know that companies do that all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 17,094,161 times
Reputation: 7282
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bob you know that companies do that all the time.

Some do, agencies often do it, but again that hardly makes what this jerk did right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Look, you can side with companies and all their trickery as long as you like, but that doesn't change the fact that they play potential job candidates like fiddles, and they don't care one bit what impact it has on 'em.

At least this guy came clean and told everyone what he did and why he did it. That's puts him head & shoulders above companies who keep their dirty little secrets hidden from the public.

How bout this hire fair who only had 4 positions open and invited 30 people? That's another example of them playing candidates like fiddles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 PM
 
382 posts, read 646,553 times
Reputation: 269
This is a perfect example why you need a skill in today's age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM
 
Location: 112 Ocean Avenue
5,706 posts, read 8,138,095 times
Reputation: 8886
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
After the fact?
Geez, nothing gets past you. The guy did what he did so he could tell others the outcome. Duh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,912,740 times
Reputation: 5583
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Geez, nothing gets past you. The guy did what he did so he could tell others the outcome. Duh!
Consider the person you're responding to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top