U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:30 PM

4,402 posts, read 11,629,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2541 View Post
Well its for a District Manager position within a very large corporation. During the interview, it was stated that they would contact us by the following week, but the person I know who is a District Manager told me it took them a month to call him back and he said i would have been contacted already if I was not moving forward.
A DM position can take FOREVER depending on the company. I was in retail for a while and have seen them move quickly AND take months. Try contacting the actual people who interviewed you, if that is possible.

Depending on how much effort you want to make/think is appropriate. Someone is acting DM in the region while they are trying to fill it. Call the closest location to the opening, ask for the acting DM's number. IF they are not able to give it, ask them to take a message or give you the person's email address. They will likely help as NO ONE wants to deal with an unhappy DM just in case the DM really wanted to talk to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 PM

16 posts, read 31,155 times
Yeah, I actually interviewed with two seperate Group(territory) managers who cover alot of territories and probably have alot on their hands. Being in retail myself I know it can take a good amount of time. I followed up with them by calling the district office where I interviewed about a week after the date in which they said they would notify us on our status with them. I didn't talk to the two who interviewed me but the lady set up my interview said they sent the paper work up to the regional headquarters and I would have to wait to hear from them. That has been about two weeks ago as well.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:06 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,817,765 times
If this is a first round interview, a long wait isn't uncommon since first round interviews generally have more interviewees than the second round interview. If this was a final round interview, then the long wait is a bad sign. Interview to offer stages are generally very fast and most places whether small or large try to give an offer ASAP.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM

Yeah I feel really confident in the interview I had. The only thing that stumps when was they gave an exact date for letting us now but obviously I havent heard back. Like I said before, the guy I know told me it was about month before he was contacted for a second interview and he said they would have already sent out notification to people who were not moving by this time. Who knows..

Old 08-26-2012, 10:29 PM

Unfortunately I received the dreaded letter informing myself that I didn't not get the position. Luckily for me I was able to set up another interview for a Analyst position with a global company and received a job offer the same day as my interview.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM

3,571 posts, read 6,189,965 times
it takes my husband about 5 months to get re-hired with a PD when we move (done it twice)... He has polygraph tests, psych tests, field tests, 3-5 interviews, physical exams, written tests, typing tests etc.. Thats only for a 911 dispatcher... it was longer when he was a cop... Now THAT is a long process and those tests are not taken all at once.. When we relocate out of state its a process of flying him back and forth sometimes consecutive weeks at a time over the course of those months for all his testing and background checking to come through. Plus they call your neighbors to ask about you and if they don't call back the PD well forget it they can't move forward in the process until they do

Old 08-29-2012, 09:57 PM

I found out today that they actually cancelled the position and put a hiring freeze on for 3 months.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:34 PM

400 posts, read 1,320,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2541 View Post
So I went on a job interview about four weeks ago. l I felt both interviews went pretty well that day. I got compliments on some of my answers, one of the interviewers said it was nice to talk to some who had experience, and it seemed like both were smiling and really interested in what I had to say. At the end, I was told that they had more interviews the next day but would have made a decision by the end of that week and would respond either way by the next week as well.
So it's been four weeks and I have not heard anything. I read some internet post on their hiring process and they said you needed to follow up. So I called the recruiter from their regional office in detroit, she was the one that sent me the email earlier to take an assesment test before that interview. She said she needed to follow up with them and would get back to me but I havent heard anything. A person that holds the same position told me it took them a month to call him back for a second interview when he was hired and that he aid i would have been contacted already if they were not interested. It really seems like a long process, in fact I applied for this position back in the beginning of june but didnt get a call until august.
long interview process are red flags
1. they dont have the best applicant pool
2. they have a lot of internal chaos
3. someone in the chain is indecisive
4. ....

Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,204,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caradvice View Post
long interview process are red flags
1. they dont have the best applicant pool
2. they have a lot of internal chaos
3. someone in the chain is indecisive
4. ....
Yes on #2.

The interview process for my current position took forever. They were about two weeks late in offering me the position, and the whole time I thought that I had lost the spot. It turns out I was the top candidate all along, but due to the internal chaos and disorganization, they were dragging their feet.

Now that I have an insider's perspective on the department, I can say that the same chaos that halted my hiring process is alive and well here. It's not a healthy environment and morale is very low. I have seen things here that I have never seen at another job.

Sometimes it's good to heed the red flags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search