U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,902,566 times
Reputation: 5583

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Wow, where is this coming from?
I'm pretty sure that post was mostly tongue-in-cheek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2012, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
69 posts, read 160,578 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJones2 View Post
By far I would rather have a male interview me. Practically all the jobs I've had it was the male giving me the final interview and possibly recommending me. With women I think it's hit or miss and bias kicks in right away do to the fact they are emotional by nature. I do not understand why they make up the majority in HR, and my guess is because majority of HR. One job I actually slept on the couch, while my the person interviewing me was coming in and I stumbled on questions yet I still got the job, and I think it was because she liked me in an emotional way.
All i have to say is women are unpredictable, As for men you could tell when and if you are getting the position because guys cant really hide a bad interview too well. I was interviewed separately by two females and i got the feeling everything went long story short i didn't get the position " no reason given". In the interview you also read what interviewer says: like you will be successful regardless of what happens after this interview " meaning they may have picked their candidate and its not you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
 
Location: California
4,402 posts, read 11,618,176 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I'm pretty sure that post was mostly tongue-in-cheek.
Not sure if the OP intended it to be tongue in cheek...but we have all been replying like it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 AM
 
Location: Top of the South, NZ
17,193 posts, read 13,747,109 times
Reputation: 5568
I would prefer a female, because I could give her "the look". That would pretty much guarantee the job was mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 12:09 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,620,883 times
Reputation: 13019
And now I remember why I prefer to hire females. (I'll hire a man if he's best for the job, but two equal candidates, the female gets the job.)

Far too many men are sanctimonious misogynists. They don't last inm y company. Act like an ass and you'll be out on yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD
3,330 posts, read 2,307,591 times
Reputation: 4732
Hmmmm- you don't like sexism, so all things being equal, you'll hire the woman over the man every time. Yeah no sexism HERE at all LOL. (FWIW I am a fan of the internet bad-assery though )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,091 posts, read 16,633,526 times
Reputation: 22635
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccountingDude View Post
All i have to say is women are unpredictable, As for men you could tell when and if you are getting the position because guys cant really hide a bad interview too well. I was interviewed separately by two females and i got the feeling everything went long story short i didn't get the position " no reason given". In the interview you also read what interviewer says: like you will be successful regardless of what happens after this interview " meaning they may have picked their candidate and its not you.
Ummm. OK. Whatever you say based on your one interview with two females.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 28,909,256 times
Reputation: 7273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I would prefer a female, because I could give her "the look". That would pretty much guarantee the job was mine.
Please post a pic of "the look."

Other members may find it useful ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 PM
 
107 posts, read 346,712 times
Reputation: 103
I would never want to be interviewed by a female. All the jobs I had in my life were given by men. In fact, the job hunt experiences that I find most fuming to this day were all females. I would rather be interviewed by a douchebag than a bltch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Reputation: 9451
I been hired by men and women so it doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top