Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM

380 posts, read 1,155,910 times

Advertisements

I find gender makes no difference. However, I do prefer an experienced interviewer over an inexperienced one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 07:41 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Hmmmm- you don't like sexism, so all things being equal, you'll hire the woman over the man every time. Yeah no sexism HERE at all LOL. (FWIW I am a fan of the internet bad-assery though )
Sexism would be hiring the female even if the male was more qualified. Hiring the person who I think I'd rather work with of two equally qualified candidates is nothing more than hiring the person who I think I'd rather work with of two equally qualified candidates.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,320 times
I don't think the gender really makes a big difference, it depends ultimately on whether they like you or not. If they don't like you it won't matter if they're male or female or anything in between. It's just workplace politics as usual.

I'm not sure if women belong in the kitchen (sticking pets in the microwave) or if men belong outside hunting (hunting the neighbor's pets). I think that both men and women are equal performers in the workplace (screaming at each other over workplace politics) and as hiring managers and interviewers (micromanaging and making a mountain out of a molehill).

Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,988 times
It doesn't really seem to matter to me what sex they are or aren't. I'd rather have someone with a personality interview me. The interviews where you're sitting across from a dull, expressionless zombie is uncomfortable and a complete turn off for me. I interviewed for a job just last week and the first two men to interview with me were a couple of dry, awkward curmudgeons. Needless to say, I emailed them a couple days later and told them I didn't think it'd be a good fit for me.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,469,948 times
I prefer male simply because they seem more upfront about their expectations and what the job actually entails. I don't mind being interviewed by a woman but sometimes it's harder to pin them down to a definitive answer on some things. Too many times I've had a job go bad because of "misunderstandings" in the interview process.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
I prefer interviews with females, by far. Better chemistry, and to be honest, I prefer the company of females to the company of males, unless they are into similar things as me (which is rare).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search