U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM
 
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
2,043 posts, read 4,859,011 times
Reputation: 3336

Advertisements

Seriously, most people I've met in corporate are bitter regardless of whether they're a manager or not. They're uptight, anal retentive to the point of being OCD, have no sense of humor, are boring as hell ,have no other interests other than work or work-related, lets' see...also are pretentious snobs...oh, and they're haters.

So you're saying someone who has been unemployed for 2 years or more should leave that gap on their resume? So someone who had a bully boss should be honest? Someone who resigned because of that should disclose it?

So corporate is heaven....ok. You can believe this. CEO's are saints..OK. Let me call the Pope and see if he agrees to grant sainthood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:38 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,918,333 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Seriously, most people I've met in corporate are bitter regardless of whether they're a manager or not. They're uptight, anal retentive to the point of being OCD, have no sense of humor, are boring as hell ,have no other interests other than work or work-related, lets' see...also are pretentious snobs...oh, and they're haters.

So you're saying someone who has been unemployed for 2 years or more should leave that gap on their resume? So someone who had a bully boss should be honest? Someone who resigned because of that should disclose it?

So corporate is heaven....ok. You can believe this. CEO's are saints..OK. Let me call the Pope and see if he agrees to grant sainthood.

Leave the fantasy land to them Mystique. They live in the land of catering to the corporate "tools" no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,425,625 times
Reputation: 12832
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Leave the fantasy land to them Mystique. They live in the land of catering to the corporate "tools" no matter what.
Everyone has a choice and is in control of their decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:30 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,918,333 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.

People who know how to play the game usually succeed in life. Employers already assume your going to lie because they themselves lie to candidates and you know the sane "It takes one to know one".



Exactly. They are some of the biggest liars around and also hypocrites. No one else should lie, only them. You shall not lie, but it is okay for them to lie. And some people co-sign the fact that it is okay for employers to lie. They say nothing about the employers' lies, but as soon as an applicant tells a lie they come out with guns blazing telling them it is wrong to lie. Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:34 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,918,333 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
So basically all those who succeed tell the truth all the time? That is logically impossible.
Good point.

There isn't a single person here who has not lied one way or another. Telling employers what you think they want to hear is a lie. You should be honest and say what you really mean instead of telling them what you think they want to hear. It is a lie by omission. A lie is a lie whether it is a white lie or a big lie. And I can guarantee EVERYONE here including these moralists, have told an employer in an interview something that they think an employer wants to hear, not what they actually mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:46 AM
 
300 posts, read 1,015,769 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post


Exactly. They are some of the biggest liars around and also hypocrites. No one else should lie, only them. You shall not lie, but it is okay for them to lie. And some people co-sign the fact that it is okay for employers to lie. They say nothing about the employers' lies, but as soon as an applicant tells a lie they come out with guns blazing telling them it is wrong to lie. Give me a break.
People who say they don't lie are liars themselves and quite frankly hypocrites. Police during interrogations can legally lie to the suspect in order to get the truth out. I've heard one cop say that it's sad but they have to lie in order to get the suspect to confess. The same thing with applicants they or we have to lie in order to have a higher chance of getting a job offer.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. If the lie can get you ahead in life and you can do the job than whose getting hurt here? Your employer is happy that they found a good candidate to the fill the job and the candidate is happy that they got the job.

Don't hate the player......hate the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:51 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,918,333 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
Don't hate the player......hate the game.
Employers don't want applicant's to be a part of the game, but as soon as one does, out comes the moralists preaching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:59 AM
 
300 posts, read 1,015,769 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb4me3 View Post
Write persuasively, never lie and don’t give up.
Developing interview skills is as important as developing core competencies.

Here is a great site for all kinds of career help: http://www.manager-tools.com/podcasts/career-tools. Select "Interviewing" from the podcast topics.

Tip: There are gems throughout all the podcasts so don't overlook the titles with older dates. Also, take time to go through the “Manager Tools”. You’ll get excellent insight into the interview process from the hiring manager's perspective.

Good luck and let us know when you get hired!

What is this? Never lie? Tell that to the employers who lie everyday. People lie everyday in other areas of their lives such as relationships, under oath in court, returning merchandise to stores, etc but when it comes to job interviews all of sudden their honest? and if you say don't lie than you better not be lying in others of your life because if you are than that makes you a hypocrite; if your not lying in other areas of your life and are 110% honest than you must be an angel sent from god or a saint.

You moralist are hilarious.

No, Good luck to you because you need it and let us know when you get hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
 
14,752 posts, read 28,604,934 times
Reputation: 8780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
What is this? Never lie? Tell that to the employers who lie everyday. People lie everyday in other areas of their lives such as relationships, under oath in court, returning merchandise to stores, etc but when it comes to job interviews all of sudden their honest?
I agree with your post. I am a firm believer in "situational ethics," despite having one of my religion teachers in Catholic HS saying they are not permissible. Sometimes, there is INDEED a time and a place to lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,918,333 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
What is this? Never lie? Tell that to the employers who lie everyday. People lie everyday in other areas of their lives such as relationships, under oath in court, returning merchandise to stores, etc but when it comes to job interviews all of sudden their honest?

So true, especially what's in bold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top