Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 09:11 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,899,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
As a Christian, an individual only answer to God. Not to corporations and not to CEOs. If someone wants to opt out of being Christian, I have no problem with it. But it's pretty low to lie about being Christian.

Also, you're stereotyping CEOs incorrectly. Most of them are honest people.
Are you just blowing smoke again, or do you actually KNOW most CEO's?
Care to name drop?

True, we all answer to god, if there is one. Not the Christian god, but the god of all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Because telling the truth would be the good "christian" thing to do. LOL!

Exactly! When they are ready to get rid of him, they'll find a bullcrap reason to and he'll be gone. Simple.

It's good to know that your friend was smart enough to have a side biz. This is my plan as well. I will never, ever become dependent on the GOVERNMENT for ANYTHING ever! I don't want their unemployment crap, especially with what they are putting people through to get it. I also do not want to receive their foodstamps help either. It amounts to practically nothing anyways and I heard NYC wants you to put in 80 hours a week to work for $200 in Foodstamps if you're single. This is approximately $2.50 an hour!! Are they crazy??!!

Like I said, I am making it my business to never rely on them for anything. I feel for those that do, because they are basically at the mercy of whatever the government wants them to do. I also don't have a problem with them selling their FS either. Like, how are they supposed to buy soap and other toiletries, especially tampons and toilet paper?? We as women NEED THESE THINGS in the USA.

We're not a third world country....yet.
That's the smartest thing to do. I'm an older person now, and retired, but when I was working I also had investment property and money in the stock market. I was lucky. It was during the Clinton boom. You'd be surprised at how many people in my line of work made more than me but had less, mostly because they had kids and nicer houses in the burbs and knew nothing of investments. They were sweating to get ahead in the company while I was making thirty percent or more in the market.

Companies want you in the position where you are totally dependent and grateful for the bag of seeds that they give you. You can do better if you use your head and act independently and do not compare your life with those about you.

You're right. The company laid everyone off and decided to outsource. I retired. Some of our crappy managers got fired from the next two jobs they managed to get. I lost touch after that. By the way, they probably got the jobs by telling the truth, but the problem was they could do the actual work but were abysmal people people. Sometimes the guy with finesse, who stretches the truth a bit is also one who can get along with others because he feels their pain.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:13 AM

469 posts, read 909,031 times
Ive had a few lie, but we have a 90 day probation period. It all comes out in the end.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
Ive had a few lie, but we have a 90 day probation period. It all comes out in the end.
If it all 'comes out in the end', we'd have no problem. No one would lie, so no one would have to lie to keep up with the rest. The fact is, after we get out of school (and sometimes in school)we see the bs artists and fabricators getting ahead. We see stupid bosses with ego problems being praised by two faced slime balls and actually rewarding those who schmooze them the most. An honorable person discourages such fawning, but a surprising number of managers encourage it. Instead of coaxing employees to be truthful they surround themselves with yes men.

How can a civilization build on such shaky ground survive? Probably because all countries are like this, and much worse. Look at Russia, jailing torturing and killing a whistle blower and leaving those who were skimming government money intact and even promoting some. Look at Putin, looking for revenge on the West for playing this story and so preventing the US from adopting Russian children. Talk about dysfunctional! Look at the infrastructure in India. With so many intelligent and hard working people you'd think they could get their act together, but, nope. Sad.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 40,983,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
God will understand. Trust. LOL!

Yes, of course they are.

Pass me some of that "Jesus Juice" you're drinking, because I want to be in fantasy land too.
I don't drink "Jesus Juice". You're welcome to get your own if that's your thing.

According to Jesus's teachings, God will not understand. A person who claims to be Christian and lying on a resume or job interview is lying to themselves as well (or just ignorant).

Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
If that were to happen, it would mean they are ready to ADMIT being liars. That is why they are not held to the same standard. People like to think that CEO's and Corporations do not lie when in fact they do on MANY levels. Until people can stop sweeping things under the rug, like many on here do, then we are stuck with those that don't hold CEO's and corporations to the same standard and they continue to make excuses as to why CEO's and Corporations can lie, but their applicants dare not. You have seen them in this thread: "Two wrongs don't make a right" or "Just because the CEO's lie don't mean you should" etc...

They have a hard time discussing any kind of wrong that a company does, but instead lashes out at the applicants.
CEOs and corporations are really just people (or controlled by people) and have the same flaws as you and I.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Oh, no. You can have a deathbed repentance, and you don't even need that, so long as you accept Jesus as your savior you are still going to heaven.

That's what the bible says.

The only unforgivable sin is that against the holy spirit and nobody knows what that is.

This is why Christians are caught lying all the time, and it doesn't really bother them.
Christians are caught lying all the time because they are ignorant about their savior. Jesus was very clear about what you had to do and the bible varies from his teachings significantly. This is also why Jesus was against the idea of having a Church because it would teach people incorrect rituals. The only way to follow Jesus's teachings are to be true to god and be completely transparent in nature. Lying with intent breaks that.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't watch out for themselves. All I'm saying is that it's ironic that 80% of Americans identify themselves as Christian and the majority of people in this thread are not real Christians. It's not a good sample of the general public if 80% are really Christian.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,509,789 times
This needs to be moved to the Religious Forum. Off topic. "How do you feel about lying on a resume/job interview" is the topic. Not whether good Christians lie or not, or "do real Christians lie at interviews/on resume?" or "How to follow the teaching"....-??

Old 12-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Are you just blowing smoke again, or do you actually KNOW most CEO's?
Care to name drop?

True, we all answer to god, if there is one. Not the Christian god, but the god of all.
I know a lot of CEOs. I can drop specific names but you won't know them anyways. But here are a few:

Mary M.: CEO of SugarPlum Icecream LLC. She is retired, in her 60s and owns two icecream trucks that are operated by her and her husband during the summer years. Nothing dishonest about how she runs her business.

Carl Sigle.: CEO of Sigle & Sons Inc. an excavation company that consists of himself, his 3 sons, and 2 other employees.

Claudio D.: CEO of Claudio's Pizzeria LLC. and Electronic Party Entertainment Inc. The pizzeria has under 20 employees (mostly family) and the entertainment company is run by him and his wife.

These are all CEOs that I am currently handling finances for at the current moment. I'm sure you know honest CEOs as well.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
This needs to be moved to the Religious Forum. Off topic. "How do you feel about lying on a resume/job interview" is the topic. Not whether good Christians lie or not, or "do real Christians lie at interviews/on resume?" or "How to follow the teaching"....-??
I was trying to identify whether the response in this thread in regards to lying on a resume is an actual representation of the general population. I'm not trying to determine whether Christians lie or not. Other people took it into that direction.

I am trying to use the makeup of the general population and the responses in this thread to show that this thread is not accurate sampling of the people in this nation. So if most people in this thread say they lie on resumes, it doesn't mean that most people really do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search