U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM

6,473 posts, read 10,405,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In this very thread.

It's not that you, Mystique13 or marilyn220 said that ALL CEOs are immoral but you guys certainly implied it with your general statements about CEOs. That's like saying that employees are horrible for being incompetent. It implies that all employees are incompetent.
I think we were all referring to the CORPORATION STRUCTURE not the individual people who run it.

A corporation has no loyalty to its employees anymore, but yet they want you to "trust" them.

Um, NO, especially with their dishonest tactics in taking advantage of a vulnerable group. Many companies will not hire an unemployed person for ANY REASON. What if the person's only been out of work for a couple of months?

I just believe in playing the same dishonest games they do. There is no reason to request the tax returns of my previous jobs. For what? What do I have to prove to you? Just pay me what you said you would and check my references from said company. If that company is out of business, then I could understand requiring "proof", but you'll only get a copy with all other information blackened out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,438,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I think we were all referring to the CORPORATION STRUCTURE not the individual people who run it.
So you have a problem with owners electing a board and the board hiring and officer who runs the company. How would you make the structure more fair?
Quote:

A corporation has no loyalty to its employees anymore, but yet they want you to "trust" them.
It goes both ways. Employees have no loyalty towards employers either.
Quote:

Um, NO, especially with their dishonest tactics in taking advantage of a vulnerable group. Many companies will not hire an unemployed person for ANY REASON. What if the person's only been out of work for a couple of months?

I just believe in playing the same dishonest games they do. There is no reason to request the tax returns of my previous jobs. For what? What do I have to prove to you? Just pay me what you said you would and check my references from said company. If that company is out of business, then I could understand requiring "proof", but you'll only get a copy with all other information blackened out.
Companies are dishonest just like individuals are dishonest. When you apply for a public company, don't you tear apart their tax returns, income statements, cash flow? It's the same thing. Personally, I don't agree with requesting tax returns, but credit reports are fair game; as are references. Just like you're verifying the quality of the company you are applying to, the company is verifying the quality of the individual. It goes both ways.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:34 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,919,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
To say that most CEO's are honest is laughable. Honest where in your town or city? Come to New York City, read the Wall St. Journal, the NYTimes and Crain's Business, and YOU tell ME... oh I forgot The Real Deal. That's another publication.

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in any corporate organization. Especially in F500. They all seem to believe they're Titans who are unshakeable. I do not believe that they're all immoral and evil. The ones that I have been around, yes. They ones in the news media, yes. Whatever decent and moral ones are out there are probably one in a million. In my 16 years of work I have never come across any. I won't hold my breath.

I know, but that is exactly what he said and then goldengrain called him on it. It truly is interesting for anyone to think that most of them are honest. It would take having to know them personally and be around them 24/7 to make that statement. That would consume a huge amount of time as there are literally millions of CEO's and no one could possibly know if MOST are honest.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
I know, but that is exactly what he said and then goldengrain called him on it. It truly is interesting for anyone to think that most of them are honest. It would take having to know them personally and be around them 24/7 to make that statement. That would consume a huge amount of time as there are literally millions of CEO's and no one could possibly know if MOST are honest.
This is the same thing you just posted a few posts above. Amnesia? If you read my post in response to yours, I admitted I misspoke. You should read the thread you are posting in.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM

65 posts, read 63,900 times
Quote:
You're really ignoring the discussion here and keep harping on the same old points. NJBest already said he used the wrong term and explained what he meant. So let's focus on the real discussion and stop going backwards and offtopic. I know it can be difficult for you but I'm sure you can do it.

NJBest suggested 3 things:

1) Treat others as you wish to be treated (something we learn from an early age... and is pretty much common sense).

2) This thread does no appear to represent the general population based on people's responses and the self-identified religious makeup of the general population. (So is he suggesting that most people don't lie?)

3) Not all CEOs are as evil as implied in this thread. (This is the point he already corrected what he meant)

Old 12-26-2012, 06:08 PM

6,884 posts, read 7,281,254 times
Quote:
Employees have no loyalty towards employers either.
Now a days there may be more of that....but employERS started that.

I think people before the baby boom generation -- my parents and grandparents -- definitely WERE LOYAL to their companies/employers. Heck people stayed at jobs their entire careers. ANd their KIDS worked there, too.

But, as those who came after saw COMPANIES changing -- and getting rid of people who had been loyal -- THEN workers started thinking why should they be loyal when they'll get rid of us anyway.

If workers know going in employers will lie to them, then why can't the workers do it too. It's a sad vicious circle but that's what it is.

Last edited by selhars; 12-26-2012 at 07:17 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaMyerson View Post
You're really ignoring the discussion here and keep harping on the same old points. NJBest already said he used the wrong term and explained what he meant. So let's focus on the real discussion and stop going backwards and offtopic. I know it can be difficult for you but I'm sure you can do it.

1) Treat others as you wish to be treated (something we learn from an early age... and is pretty much common sense).

2) This thread does no appear to represent the general population based on people's responses and the self-identified religious makeup of the general population. (So is he suggesting that most people don't lie?)

3) Not all CEOs are as evil as implied in this thread. (This is the point he already corrected what he meant)
You expect too much out of him. Some of these posters are all about starting arguments over petty things just so they can feel the "winning" in it. I suggest you not get involved. He'll just rinse and repeat.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaMyerson View Post

I am not ignoring anything. I am harping on the same old points just like those that keep trying to put words in my and others' mouths. I know that must seem difficult for you to understand. However, if you feel I am harping on the same points, then by all means ignore my posts. Funny how you said nothing about those that brought up religion, which is clearly off topic here. But anyway carry on I don't need to explain myself to you. Done.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Now a days there may be more of that....but employERS started that.

I think people before the baby boom generation -- my parents and grandparents -- definitely WERE LOYAL to their companies/employers. Heck people stayed at jobs their entire careers. ANd their KIDS worked there, too.

But, as those who came after saw COMPANIES changing -- and getting rid of people who had been loyal -- THEN workers started thinking why should they be loyal when they'll get rid of us anyway.

If workers know going in employers will lie to them, then why can't the workers do it too. It's a sad vicious circle but that's what it is.

Yeah they started it, but getting an admittance from some will be like pulling teeth. But they don't need to admit to it, some people already know what liars some companies are.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 AM

9,856 posts, read 13,425,436 times
Quote:
Isn't it a little disingenuous to think that just because the news reports a few bad apples that most executives by default must be scumbags? I have only met around 40 executives in my life, but I have yet to meet one who wasn't a very honest person. The people on this thread who are OK lying to get a job are less honest than every single executive I have met in real life. From my personal experience, it seems people who are unhappy with their careers go out of their way to vilify executives based on a rare few bad examples just to justify their own slimy behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or