U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM

753 posts, read 2,256,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
What makes you say that? I have never yet met a corporate exec. who had that attitude.

Have you ever actually met a corporate exec?
Yep. As a matter of fact, I've met and worked for several.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM

2,043 posts, read 4,867,681 times
Not only have I worked for them, I've worked on cases that would get them off (out of jail time and fines).

Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM

My friends who have worked as bartenders and waitstaff have some stories about the alphas. The stories about spitting in their food and doing other things to their food are true.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Really?? I'm very sorry to hear how they BACKSTABBED YOU.

And I'm sure you had no clue there was anything "seriously" wrong, did you?
No clue whatsoever. Other than the attorney I worked for constantly criticizing everything that I did....but, I attributed that to the old "s**t rolls downhill" theory. He was getting dumped on, etc. I eventually figured out what it was, though.

Quote:
This is why I say to hell with the corporations and it's every man/woman for him/herself.
Amen, sister!!

Quote:
The only thing I would advise is to NOT plan on working there forever and to start saving up with your very first check to get some sort of business started or becoming an independent contractor on the side.

Can you give an explanation of how they set you up as a warning to others?
My termination wasn't really done as a "warning" to others. Mine was more of a "get rid of the potential whistleblower" termination. My boss had made a bad hiring decision on someone and when I called him on it, he knew that in order to save his hide, I had to go. Which I did, but not at my choosing.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM

6,473 posts, read 10,424,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABurke View Post
No clue whatsoever. Other than the attorney I worked for constantly criticizing everything that I did....but, I attributed that to the old "s**t rolls downhill" theory. He was getting dumped on, etc. I eventually figured out what it was, though.

Amen, sister!!

My termination wasn't really done as a "warning" to others. Mine was more of a "get rid of the potential whistleblower" termination. My boss had made a bad hiring decision on someone and when I called him on it, he knew that in order to save his hide, I had to go. Which I did, but not at my choosing.
Were you able to get unemployment?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,662,958 times
I don't advocate lying, though I know it happens all the time on both ends. ALL employers and employees aren't always truthful with one another. I'd rather maintain my integrity than lie about something I have accomplished.

I currently work for a company that deceived me about the working environment by not explaining in detail what would be expected of me. So, of course, when I was ultimately thrown into this environment, it came as a great surprise to me and I'm obviously frustrated if you have seen my posts about it. For this reason, I am looking for a new job and would never send talent this company's way unless said talent is completely open to the circumstances they will face as an employee here. Those are the consequences bad employers face, as well as bad employees. There are helpful sites such as http://www.glassdoor.com where you can share your experiences about working for a particular company. As long as you are keen enough to get through the BS posts from corporate hacks, you can find a lot of useful information on that site from past and present employees.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Were you able to get unemployment?
Oh, yea. After a month of waiting, I did get the unemployment. I doubt they would have denied it because they certainly didn't want their dirty laundry aired and if they'd of appealed it, I would have sang like a bird.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:55 AM

Way to go, KABurke.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,925,309 times
Quote:
Do you think the employee would be stupid enough to put your company down or use you as a reference?

Seriously??

Get over yourself and your perceived "power".

Old 12-31-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Do you think the employee would be stupid enough to put your company down or use you as a reference?

Seriously??

Get over yourself and your perceived "power".
Ha...I was waiting for someone to smack that one with an appropriate response. Sometimes you have some random a*hole who comes on here throwing their weight around. I read that and I was like,...
"^$&*$*$ ( - whatever.... )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or