Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
So true, especially what's in bold.
So everyone else is a scumbag day to day, so screw it, might as well join them and be one too?

What a deplorable attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 PM

934 posts, read 1,938,368 times
How come all yall (you know who you are) who constantly bleat about how evil and duplicitous "Corporate America" is and how it's cheating American workers, yet in the next breath yall eagerly talk about how you would lie, cheat, steal every chance you get?

Not contributing to this so-called 'culture', no doubt..

Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
How come all yall (you know who you are) who constantly bleat about how evil and duplicitous "Corporate America" is and how it's cheating American workers, yet in the next breath yall eagerly talk about how you would lie, cheat, steal every chance you get?

Not contributing to this so-called 'culture', no doubt..
I would rep this 10 times if I could.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
People who say they don't lie are liars themselves and quite frankly hypocrites.
They are the ones that are deplorable. The ones that can't admit that they lie and continue to point fingers at those that do admit it. Hypocrites indeed.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:37 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So everyone else is a scumbag day to day, so screw it, might as well join them and be one too?

What a deplorable attitude.

So when your wife asks you if she looks "fat" in the new dress she's just bought, you consider yourself a scumbag when you say "of course not"? Or do you tell the absolute truth regardless if it hurts her feelings or not?

On the other hand, many employers (not all, mind you, but far too many these days) make it damn near impossible to meet the requirements even for the most basic, entry-level jobs, and this forces people to lie just to have a modicum of a chance of landing said job. So I really, really resent "moralists" calling job applicants "scumbags" for doing what's needed to find work and make a living.

Of course, perhaps you'd rather this country be Communist, so that everyone has a job - no lying needed. Maybe that's the way we're going, if people can't find work.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
So when your wife asks you if she looks "fat" in the new dress she's just bought, you consider yourself a scumbag when you say "of course not"? Or do you tell the absolute truth regardless if it hurts her feelings or not?

On the other hand, many employers (not all, mind you, but far too many these days) make it damn near impossible to meet the requirements even for the most basic, entry-level jobs, and this forces people to lie just to have a modicum of a chance of landing said job. So I really, really resent "moralists" calling job applicants "scumbags" for doing what's needed to find work and make a living.

Of course, perhaps you'd rather this country be Communist, so that everyone has a job - no lying needed. Maybe that's the way we're going, if people can't find work.

The biggest scumbags of all are the employers that lie to applicants, make it almost impossible to get a job, and those that seem to be hell bent on supporting this type of employer. They too (and you know who you are) are scumbags.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Quote:
The biggest scumbags of all are the employers that lie to applicants, make it almost impossible to get a job, and those that seem to be hell bent on supporting this type of employer. They too (and you know who you are) are scumbags.
Well THAT type of lying is ok, since they're simply trying to make a profit.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Of course, there's no morality in the pursuit of profit...lol. Gotta love this double-standard, huh?

Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post

Yes because THAT kind of lying is excusable since it is an employer doing it. Nevermind that it is still a lie

Old 09-19-2012, 05:30 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,159 times
Quote:
They make it impossible to get a job by making you jump through crazy hoops...the evaluations and "tests." I understand the tests for those who are in retail or other jobs. They don't want thieves, criminals and antisocial psycho types. But some people REALLY take this "online test" thing wayyyy to far.
One mom and pop employer where I live who was a lead from someone I know had 3 evaluations online. One advanced math test, one IQ test, and the third I don't even know wtf it was. My source told me it was a construction company looking for an office assistant. These 3 evaluations had algebra, calculus and the IQ test was insane. I was like, wtf??? Am I applying for a job at Harvard?? The "pres" of the company wouldn't reveal anything about the job title or position. I think it was probably non existent or fake. They just wanted to get info to look like they're doing well and "hiring." I bet the pres could score 100 on all those test. Uhum...right. I was not looking to apply for an architect, engineer or math teacher job so why all the advanced math? And IQ has nothing to do with applicable job skills. This was not a job teaching in Harvard. I quit in the middle of one of the evaluations and emailed the pres that I was exploring other stronger opportunities where I would be a better fit.

And they were going to pay how much for this "office assistant job?" Was it temp or permanent or full time? Don't know. Don't care. I'm over it. Next.....!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search