Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post

The former CEO of Basuch and Lomb Ronald Zarella lied about his MBA and was he fired NO!!!! That's right he was not FIRED; Basuch and Lomb kept him because he was so valuable to the company.
Good for them! I guess that squashes the belief that you will "ALWAYS" be fired if you lie on a resume. Yes sometimes you will be fired, sometimes you won't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 AM

128 posts, read 267,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Sometimes I wonder if this just isn't all hyperbole and talk from the disgruntled.

Would they actually lie in a face to face situation? People who have consciences would have a very difficult time with it I believe.

And why would the same people who have such distaste for the corrupt, lying politicians and CEOs want to take on the same attributes that has gotten those folks into so much trouble. That seems very contradictory to me.
I think it's mostly hyperbole from depressed people who feel they have lost power and want to feel important. So they make up this idea that they are suddenly Harold Hill who can swoop into town, lie and convince everyone of their lies, reap the benefits, and never get caught. In reality, they are just sitting on their hands at home.

Last edited by Goldblum57; 08-31-2012 at 09:12 AM..

Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM

934 posts, read 1,938,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldblum57 View Post
I think it's mostly hyperbole from depressed people who feel they have lost power and want to feel important. So they make up this idea that they are suddenly Harold Hill who can swoop into town, lie and convince everyone of their lies, reap the benefits, and never get caught. In reality, they are just sitting on their hands at home.

Post of the day.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Why should I worry about everyone else?

It's not as if everyone else worries about me.

I'm going to do whatever it takes to look out for my well being first and foremost, provided I don't lose money or land in jail in the process. Sorry.

I personally have been burned too many times "doing the right thing by others."

Old 09-01-2012, 02:33 PM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,458 times

Rocky Balboa Lyrics Speech to his son , Brilliant speech must see ! - YouTube

Old 09-01-2012, 04:33 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Good for them! I guess that squashes the belief that you will "ALWAYS" be fired if you lie on a resume. Yes sometimes you will be fired, sometimes you won't be.
You won't always get caught either.

It's a matter of how well you can cover your ground.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:13 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
It's around 80%-90% people lie or embellish, puffer up or what ever you want to call it on their resumes. Think about it people constantly lie every single god dame day whether it be returning a damaged product at a store claiming that it was just like that, under oath in court, when they are caught red handed, etc so it doesn't surprise me that people will also lie or embellish on resumes/interviews. Top CEO's lie about college degrees and are now self-made millionaires.

The former CEO of Basuch and Lomb Ronald Zarella lied about his MBA and was he fired NO!!!! That's right he was not FIRED; Basuch and Lomb kept him because he was so valuable to the company.
Great post.

It just goes to show you gotta do what you gotta do. Worry about who's toes you step on doesn't put food on the table and a roof over your head. When push comes to shove, survival instincts take over. If you don't take the low road, there will always be someone who does and gets ahead because of it.

The lying, thieving and cheating will just continue to increase too as America continues its decline and eventually collapses soon.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
You won't always get caught either.

It's a matter of how well you can cover your ground.

Agreed. Some around here like to use scare tactics such as telling people they will be caught as if it is a definite thing. Sure some will be caught, but others won't be.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,342 times
I guess you didn't hear about the newly appointed CEO of Yahoo. He lied on his resume as well as falsified his education, he was terminated on the spot. I'm not sure if his replacement has been found as of yet but that is going to be one heck of a gap on his resume to try and cover up.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM

300 posts, read 1,136,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I guess you didn't hear about the newly appointed CEO of Yahoo. He lied on his resume as well as falsified his education, he was terminated on the spot. I'm not sure if his replacement has been found as of yet but that is going to be one heck of a gap on his resume to try and cover up.
For your information the man your talking about is Scott Thompson former CEO of Yahoo who was fired because he lied about his degree on his resume. Here is how I know you didn't do your research because with a simple Google search you will find that Scott Thompson the same person who was fired from Yahoo for lying on his resume has found a new job just a few months later as CEO of ShopRunner, which is 30% owned by eBay.

Even when the public knew he was a liar he was still able to find a new job as a CEO. What does that tell you? This is how the world is and here is a prime example right in front of your face and if you cannot see that than there is nothing more I can say nor do.

Last edited by Quitters_Win; 09-01-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search