Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 01:29 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldblum57 View Post
No, and he never will. My question is how big does a corporation have to be before it becomes evil?
I think to some people it only has to be a d/b/a or have any name followed by any abbreviation such as LLC, Inc., Ltd, Co/& Co, & Sons, etc. As soon as a business is registered it's a suspect entity operated by evil people with evil intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
You don't see the irony in this post?
Are you maybe going out on a limb a bit assuming that the word "irony" is understood?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:21 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
If anyone lies on their resume it only shows one thing: They learned from the employers. They learned from the best liars around. Two can play that game and MANY succeed no matter what the people here who have NEVER lied thinks.

For the moralists here is a little thing for you: "Don't judge others for sinning differently than you do"

Old 09-14-2012, 08:47 AM

300 posts, read 1,136,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
If anyone lies on their resume it only shows one thing: They learned from the employers. They learned from the best liars around. Two can play that game and MANY succeed no matter what the people here who have NEVER lied thinks.

For the moralists here is a little thing for you: "Don't judge others for sinning differently than you do"
I couldn't have said it better myself.

People who know how to play the game usually succeed in life. Employers already assume your going to lie because they themselves lie to candidates and you know the sane "It takes one to know one".

Old 09-14-2012, 09:06 AM

934 posts, read 1,938,763 times
Couldn't agree more. I think everyone should lie. In fact, lie harder, faster and with more sincerity. There are more lies in you, set them free!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.

People who know how to play the game usually succeed in life. Employers already assume your going to lie because they themselves lie to candidates and you know the sane "It takes one to know one".
Pretty much so. It's all about playing the game and winning. Willpower and force rule the world. The meek, the truthtellers, the sheep and others similar do not play, and as a result do not win. Excluding yourself from the game means you automatically lose.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Pretty much so. It's all about playing the game and winning. Willpower and force rule the world. The meek, the truthtellers, the sheep and others similar do not play, and as a result do not win. Excluding yourself from the game means you automatically lose.
Willpower and force are not mutually exclusive from telling the truth.

The people who are most successful are the forceful, strong willed people who also do not lie.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:03 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Willpower and force are not mutually exclusive from telling the truth.

The people who are most successful are the forceful, strong willed people who also do not lie.
So basically all those who succeed tell the truth all the time? That is logically impossible. Then the other "flip logic side" is that all those who do not tell the truth are failures? There is plenty of evidence to discredit both positions.

The whole concept of imposing both willpower and force absolutely include in not revealing the truth, if not lying completely. There is plenty of history and current events to prove this. On the job hunt side, imposing your will in getting a job means doing whatever you must. You should be forthright if you see it can gets you hired (very unlikely today for many), and get creative with the truth if that is what actually does get you hired.

If you want to believe failed logic, go ahead. I've spent enough time in corporate America to know what's really going on. Um, that's why I left it years ago...I will not argue and debate this issue.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
So basically all those who succeed tell the truth all the time? That is logically impossible. Then the other "flip logic side" is that all those who do not tell the truth are failures? There is plenty of evidence to discredit both positions.
When did I ever say this? Don't put words in my mouth. Speaking in absolutes in debates simply shows ignorance.

Quote:
The whole concept of imposing both willpower and force absolutely include in not revealing the truth, if not lying completely. There is plenty of history and current events to prove this. On the job hunt side, imposing your will in getting a job means doing whatever you must. You should be forthright if you see it can gets you hired (very unlikely today for many), and get creative with the truth if that is what actually does get you hired.

If you want to believe failed logic, go ahead. I've spent enough time in corporate America to know what's really going on. Um, that's why I left it years ago...I will not argue and debate this issue.
If you want to believe this, go right ahead, however it will be you who suffers. The people who think you have to 'play the game' in corporate america become bitter middle managers, and never anything more.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:17 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldblum57 View Post
No, and he never will. My question is how big does a corporation have to be before it becomes evil?
Well there's certain trolls on this forum that will say that all corporations are evil. Every employer is Enron to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search