Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:09 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Amazingly people here seem oblivious, even after my People Search website thread.

Almost no one responded, so I can only conclude that few actually understood what the heck I was talking about.

If you don't believe me, look yourself up on InstantCheckMate hmmkay?
HA! That thing doesn't have anything on me that isn't publicly known like three places I've lived. They have me at several other places I've never lived before, (and no, my name is NOT common), they have my birth date ALL wrong but with a correct address of one place I have lived and they do NOT have any thing recent from the past 7 years.

Not impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 PM

653 posts, read 1,802,662 times
Would you be if your coworker who hates you pulled your credit report and record? How many speeding tickets and accidents have you had? Anyone can get your social security number for a couple of bucks.

But then, the info services are all wrong. They're just off-base and out of touch. I understand.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 PM

306 posts, read 431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Amazingly people here seem oblivious, even after my People Search website thread.

Almost no one responded, so I can only conclude that few actually understood what the heck I was talking about.

If you don't believe me, look yourself up on InstantCheckMate hmmkay?
According to that site, I am a ghost

Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not impressed.
Agreed. It's faulty beyond faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic82 View Post
According to that site, I am a ghost
I entered a couple of names of people I know who've lived in the same area for many years AND have run into some problems with the law - nothing.

Actually my first reaction upon reading the OP's one and only post was that he exhibits signs of paranoia.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:05 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter2012 View Post
A couple months ago I started a new job in Corporate America. Im a very private person and tend not to voluntarily disclose too much about myself. Im a at work to work type of person. So I wondered how my coworkers seemed to know so much about me. Did we have mutual friends in common? Were they Googling me? From my address, to my age, to my relationship status, to very detailed accounts of incidents that happened in more than one previous jobs, coworkers were matter of factly coming to me with information that I never gave them or discussed with anyone within the company. Is it a common practice for nosy coworkers to do their own background checks? I opt no to have linkedin or Facebook so they would have to do a lot of leg work to see who we mutually know. Have you ever encountered someone googling you or making statements that were obviously a result of them finding out details about you from sources other than yourself? If I passed the company screening why do coworkers feel they have the right to try and rescreen me? Why dont people just focus on themselves instead of trying to find out dirt on their coworkers?

Depending on the type of job and how crazy the employer's are they do it to bring information they know the employer will not like about the employee. You would be surprised how often coworkers do this. It's part of the old "job security" when layoffs come. Find anything dirt or not just anything they know the employer won't like, approve of about them and it's great leverage against them to get them picked for a layoff when layoff's come. Geez people in charge, like the middleman/woman, often pick the employee who is dumb and desperate to keep their job to do the dirty work for them. They get them to actually check up on them. Not just on the internet but throught their neighbors. The dumb and desperate employee is the fall guy the one who takes the blame, in case they get caught and charges are filed but the employee who put them up to it has no trail of being involved because they weren't caught the dumb desperate one was. Watch their home, get to tknow their neighbors. I have actually witnessed this being done to former coworkers so I know it's a practice that happens quite frequently. Have a friend/relative with access to comuter software to see what they do on the internet is a new technnique that didn't exist when I first learned by actually seeing employees do this. It's so much easier and more available to almost anyone now. It's usually the clicky type, wanna be's, who do this but not always. The most commone emloyee who checks up on everone is the one who kisses ass to the employer and that's usually the one's who are in charge right under the employer or who are friendly with the employer(s) and the employee who has the connections. Another words the favored. It's just easier for them to do this today than it was years ago and it's easier to catch them now because we all know to look for the signs. People give themselves away all the time without even realizing they are. But as I said I know because I watched what they did to all the other employees they got rid of.

Calling people who know about this paranoid doesn't cut for me. I know people who do this have to say that to help hide what they do. I warned people about what the people I who did this and they all said I'm paranoid but you know what, they all, and I mean all, came back to me and said I was right. Why because they finally actually saw for themselves. It takes a while to see but they do eventually get caught. You just have to keep your mouth shut and watch, wait for the slip up that gives them away Honestly aside from looking for dirt to give to the employer for kissing azz it's really they who do searching, stalking of others who are paranoid and so is the employer who puts them up to it.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 08-26-2012 at 09:21 AM..

Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Depending on the type of job and how crazy the employer's are they do it to bring information they know the employer will not like about the employee. You would be surprised how often coworkers do this.
I would indeed be very surprised. I guess in 50 years of working both for myself and in many corporate environments in several different areas I must somehow have either avoided all such nonsense or have been perpetually blind. Phew!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Wow that was informative, the only thing on that site is an address I have not lived at for about 15 years.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:01 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
I'm guessing that one of two things is happening. Either you are giving off some sort of vibe that makes them suspect you of something, or one of them knows you or someone that worked with you or knew you in the past.

Well, or maybe they are just weird, but I don't think the average employee goes around trying to dig up dirt on coworkers without having some sort of hint that they might find it to begin with.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Why the hell do people stalk their coworkers? I could care less about my coworkers' peronal lives. I sure don't care about anything they did in previous jobs. Bunch of nuts.
Yep.

Everyone seems to be paranoid about everyone else today.

It's really a shame.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
I looked myself up. I'm currently an inmate at a correctional facility 300 miles from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search