U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,472,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ok, I'll do that. do I have to be affiliated with a church? I'm jewish, though I'm not religious anyways but ya...
What a coincidence. At my new apartment, the closest free career skills class is at the Jewish community center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,364,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
What a coincidence. At my new apartment, the closest free career skills class is at the Jewish community center.
ahaha, I was just thinking that it may be there. there's one 10 min. away from me. I'll look into it.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,382,269 times
it comes down to Einstein's quote about insanity

Old 12-17-2012, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,822 times
I have been in HR for 20 years with a speciality in recruiting. I can help you prep for your interviews. You are doing something wrong because they are calling you in for an interview (qualifications) but you are not getting to the 2nd interview. Once you understand the componets of the interview, the different type of interviewers, how to prep, and most IMPORTANT "Charm points" you will get to the next step.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:52 PM

so it must be my interview performance then

Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 PM

810 posts, read 1,544,290 times
I know exactly how frustrating it can be. I try not to let it get to me but after awhile it gets harder and harder not to take it personally.
I keep telling myself that these interviews can be used for practice and I'm getting over the feeling of being nervous. Also the constant testing of Word, Excel, etc. is helping me brush up on my skills soon I will be a pro.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:22 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,460,605 times
Maybe you're not coming across 'desperate' enough....they want to know that you're 'all in' and you're different from all the rest. Look the interviewer in the eye and say "im ready to work, im ready to start tomorrow, i'll be the first one here and the last one to leave" Come across as a person who is willing to do whatever it takes, you're willing to put your head down and grind.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM

since i had 11 interviews this year in a 7 month span, i know something was not going right for me

Old 11-16-2014, 04:21 PM

895 posts, read 1,177,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The way to answer the tell me about yourself question is basically selling your character. Taking one your personal qualities and connecting it to why it's a good match for the job you are applying for and how it helps you fit in with the team
Really, I have been told through career training classes that you should leave out personal stuff and job talk about each accomplishment at your job.

All the information is confusing.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:41 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Really, I have been told through career training classes that you should leave out personal stuff and job talk about each accomplishment at your job.

All the information is confusing.

The tell me about you question is asking more about your personality and how has it fit in previous work environments. So you basically will explain how you were able to succeed in previous work environments due to your personality. You can say that your passion for helping others grow made the team work better as a unit and achieve company goals.

Remember they already know you are qualified to do the job at the interview and is more concerned about how you will fit in with the current team. And that's when you will sell your character when asked......tell me about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search