Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 9,950 times

Advertisements

Hello was looking for help. I’m on the background check process with HireRight. I did not list a company i worked for last year bc it was only for 3 months. I also have had a consulting company that i own so i was able to cover that gap with my own company. I didn’t list it bc it was a start up and i only stayed for 3 months but during this 3 month stay I did but a car so that company does show up on my credit report.
I’m just wondering if HireRight only looks at the companies you listed on your cjob app and then verify’s those or do they cross reference with a company that could be listed on your credit report.
Is there’s database out there that lists every company you have ever worked for? I wasn’t untrue about my consulting company it’s just something i do on the side but it’s great bc I can use that company to cover any holes in my work history.
Just looking for feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 9,763 times
Hire Right seems to only ask phone contact details from previous companies. Do you know how they proceed? Do they call the number provided, ask for the info they need and move on, or do they ask for some kind of written (email) confirmation from the company.
I have seen that they only seem to call and leave a message, and wait for a call back, and if the company does not call back quickly they declare it as incomplete.

Any hint welcome

Thanks

Henri

Last edited by hkleindoeil; 04-10-2018 at 03:35 PM..

Old 05-23-2018, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 9,583 times
I have been working for this company for weeks and they suddenly ask for proof of my degree. I don't have my certificate as I have just recently finished university however I showed them my completed modules and predicated grade but they refused this. So now they are contacting my university to find out if I actually have a degree. Does anyone know how long this will take and also will this potentially get me scaked ? ..

Old 07-25-2018, 12:07 AM

3 posts, read 27,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsny01 View Post
Update:

Hire right flagged my masters degree as the date of graduation I put was June 2015 and on the record of degree granted it was sep 2015, due to admin policy of the univ the degrees are printed and dated september when they open...

I had to explain to HR , I dint know the exact date the degree was printed... wtf.. I just put in the last date of classes and when I was there

And its done.. I called them and asked them if they needed anything, they said no we have all we need.

5 hours later .. it was done and recieved an email that background check complete

Overall decent process just be super careful of the exact dates and have all the backup ready if they cannot reach HR on the phone
Hi,

Kabayan! i have the same predicament you were before.

Do you mind if i ask a few questions?

I just got a confirmation from the the company that i applied that i passed the interview and the next step is a job offer and at the same time background check.

This is my problem now, i misrepresented my last job experience (only my last job) and it might be in question.

How do they conduct the employment verification?

Do you think i just leave my current company blank?

Old 07-25-2018, 02:48 AM

86 posts, read 122,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matri_xxx View Post
Hi,

Kabayan! i have the same predicament you were before.

Do you mind if i ask a few questions?

I just got a confirmation from the the company that i applied that i passed the interview and the next step is a job offer and at the same time background check.

This is my problem now, i misrepresented my last job experience (only my last job) and it might be in question.

How do they conduct the employment verification?

Do you think i just leave my current company blank?
I had my background done with HireRight last year. I think some companies may not ask for employment verification, only criminal history. In my case, HireRight didn't even bother to contact any of my employers!

Old 07-25-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACareerChaser View Post
I had my background done with HireRight last year. I think some companies may not ask for employment verification, only criminal history. In my case, HireRight didn't even bother to contact any of my employers!
hi, in my case, it is stated that the past 7 years will be checked.

so i need to know how it works.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:01 AM

715 posts, read 1,067,619 times
Quote:

If the check is 7 years, then they will check your previous employers for that time period. The most recent previous employer is usually always checked regardless. If you misrepresented dates, it will come up. The minimum information verified is 1) we’re you actually an employee, 2) last job title, and 3) start and end dates of employment. The previous employer may or may not state if your termination was voluntary (resigned) or involuntary (laid off, fired). Sometimes last job title and ending salary is verified and if you’re eligible for rehire.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:10 AM

86 posts, read 122,376 times
Quote:

I stated that I think, but looking back at the form, it specifies employment verification, lol. Like I said above,

they didn't contact my current employer, I don't know about the others. I find that odd, maybe some of their workers

cut corners. You'll never know.

Edit: Here's what mine says, this was April of last year

"may request from a consumer reporting agency and for employment-related purposes, a "consumer report(s)" (commonly known as "background reports") containing background information about you in connection with your employment, or application for employment, or engagement for services (including independent contractor or volunteer assignments, as applicable).
HireRight, LLC ("HireRight") will prepare or assemble the background reports for the Company. HireRight is located and can be contacted at 3349 Michelson Drive, Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92612, (800) 400-2761, www.hireright.com.
The background report(s) may contain information concerning your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, mode of living, or credit standing. The types of background information that may be obtained include, but are not limited to: criminal history; litigation history; motor vehicle record and accident history; social security number verification; address and alias history; credit history; verification of your education, employment and earnings history; professional licensing, credential and certification checks; drug/alcohol testing results and history; military service; and other information."

Old 07-26-2018, 12:41 AM

13,041 posts, read 20,698,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACareerChaser View Post
Edit: Here's what mine says, this was April of last year

"may request from a consumer reporting agency and for employment-related purposes, a "consumer report(s)" (commonly known as "background reports") containing background information about you in connection with your employment, or application for employment, or engagement for services (including independent contractor or volunteer assignments, as applicable).
HireRight, LLC ("HireRight") will prepare or assemble the background reports for the Company. HireRight is located and can be contacted at 3349 Michelson Drive, Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92612, (800) 400-2761, www.hireright.com.
The background report(s) may contain information concerning your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, mode of living, or credit standing. The types of background information that may be obtained include, but are not limited to: criminal history; litigation history; motor vehicle record and accident history; social security number verification; address and alias history; credit history; verification of your education, employment and earnings history; professional licensing, credential and certification checks; drug/alcohol testing results and history; military service; and other information."
That's a pretty standard generic statement on almost every employment consumer report notice. It actually comes down to how much information the client employer wants and is willing to pay for.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomadness View Post
If the check is 7 years, then they will check your previous employers for that time period. The most recent previous employer is usually always checked regardless. If you misrepresented dates, it will come up. The minimum information verified is 1) we’re you actually an employee, 2) last job title, and 3) start and end dates of employment. The previous employer may or may not state if your termination was voluntary (resigned) or involuntary (laid off, fired). Sometimes last job title and ending salary is verified and if you’re eligible for rehire.
is this your experience?

then im ****ed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search