Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 11:40 AM

31 posts, read 56,123 times

Advertisements

I stopped right before taking the assessment. I guess this can be hard. Can anyone give me hints and tips so that I can pass the assessment? I searched "Chase assessment" and if I fail this I can't apply for 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM

231 posts, read 813,995 times
i have a friend who was a personal banker at BofA, so i can give you his background. College degree in psychology and he had 1-2 years sales experience. I think the assessment is just one of the filters they use, meaning if you dont have the right background and you dont pass the assessment, your out. If you have the right background and dont pass the assessment , you probably still going to get at least an interview.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 AM

31 posts, read 56,123 times
What is the job like?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times
If you mean personal banker as in fancy name for teller, you're going to have to sell sell sell upsell upsell upsell. basically every person that comes in you're going to have to try and get them to do something to their account.

The actual teller part of it is extremely boring and mundane.

If personal banker means sit at your desk and have people come and sit down with you, well then it's the same thing. sell sell sell.

This job isn't boring like a teller because there are lots of different things you will be doing and also having people yell at your because their account is in the negative and got fees because they had 10 dollars in their account and they spent 50.

Chase is all about numbers. They want you to meet goals and that's about it.

(saying this from experience working as a teller and member service rep at a credit union with more than 5 co workers who left chase)

Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 PM

247 posts, read 751,307 times
^^^this is correct for any big bank. Whatever your position is, all you will do is sell sell sell. The manager will tell you that every morning in a meeting. The goal is to get them to do something to their account that could make you money. You're encourage to pretend to care about them ahla "...oh, you're car is in the shop?"... so that you can find out if they need a new car loan and such. You're usually given a daily goal of a number of sales you must get daily or you will have to be watched by someone higher who will tell you what to change. My number was 18 and I lived in a small town of less than <5k people. If we do the math, how many of those people actually used our bank, etc. Add in the fact that people don't actually GO into banks anymore. Then, add in the fact that I don't like to play people like that and it becomes stressful. That is why there is so much turnover.

When you're not selling, you will be getting yelled at by customers that do not understand rules and/or money. It is sad.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:54 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,481,214 times
If you're trying to become a teller, I know quite a few college dropouts who work as tellers and they seem to like it. You can advance to a certain point, but usually to get any farther, you need a degree.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 PM

398 posts, read 545,551 times
Wait a minute........what do you think you know about working in a bank?....and I'm talking about a bank in the 21st Century?

You're talking about JP Morgan/Chase, right? The same Chase that let go several thousand bank workers a couple of years ago....and again... a couple of years before that, right ? THAT JP Morgan/Chase? IIRC thats the old AT&T Business Model. The idea is to keep churning the workforce so that noone can keep track of what the corporations obligations are to any particular group at any one particular time!

BTW: Isn't that the same Chase Bank that keeps everyone on limited hours so they don't have to provide benefits? THAT Chase Bank?

BTW#2: Know all of that number crunching they want you to do? Has anyone told you what happens to anyone who does NOT meet their quotas?

Go ahead.....tell me everything you know about what you are getting yourself into?

FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search