Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furgurson View Post
Hi, I would like to commite on what you said, I don't think it up to the assistant manager, maybe he gave the number because he like you if your a female, it basicly up to the manager.think about it what could you possible have to ask him
Worst. Post. Ever.

Lack of reading comprehension? Check!
Spellcheck fail? Check!
No coherent point? Check!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 AM

50 posts, read 89,747 times
I followed up with the recruiter yesterday afternoon. She said it is fine to do that if I am on my own, but I shouldn't do it if it is through a recruiter. She also said she followed up. The HR manager said that the assistant controller had to postpone the last interview until Monday because he was out sick for a couple of days after my interview. But she said that I am one of the top candidates. So that is good. I'm sure the recruiter will follow up for me. If I get the job, she makes a commission on me.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM

Let me clarify. I didn't mean to call him and ask, "Have you made any decisions?" That may annoy him. I meant a call saying, "I know you are still in the process. I wanted to again thank you for your time last week and let you know I am still very interested. This really seems like a great opportunity." That will show him I am very interested.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,291 times
I'd go with an email or a letter to thank them for their time and consideration and reiterate your interest in the position.

Too early for a call.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Well, I would be highly irritated if someone I had spent that much time with gave me a call, unless we had already extended them the offer and the person is calling to clarify something b/f accepting/rejecting the offer.

In addition, when working with a recruiter, you always deal with matters through the recruiter. Companies use recruiters so they do not have to deal w/ such things as interruptive phone calls from candidates.

The interviewer was simply being proactive in giving you his call back info - in case you did end up getting the job offer and needed clarification about some aspect of it b/f acceping the offer. No one wants to deal with candidates making calls after the interview process is over, more candidates are to be interviewed, and no offer has been made.

Even calling a week after an interview to say "I am still interested" would not be well received by most folks, as they are assuming you are still interested . . . or the recruiter would have told them otherwise.

You are either going to get an offer or you aren't. Making phone calls can instantly turn off someone, especially when they are paying a recruiter to work with candidates. It can make you appear impatient, anxious or desperate for a job and those are not traits that anyone wants a potential employer to focus on.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I would be highly irritated if someone I had spent that much time with gave me a call, unless we had already extended them the offer and the person is calling to clarify something b/f accepting/rejecting the offer.

In addition, when working with a recruiter, you always deal with matters through the recruiter. Companies use recruiters so they do not have to deal w/ such things as interruptive phone calls from candidates.

The interviewer was simply being proactive in giving you his call back info - in case you did end up getting the job offer and needed clarification about some aspect of it b/f acceping the offer. No one wants to deal with candidates making calls after the interview process is over, more candidates are to be interviewed, and no offer has been made.

Even calling a week after an interview to say "I am still interested" would not be well received by most folks, as they are assuming you are still interested . . . or the recruiter would have told them otherwise.

You are either going to get an offer or you aren't. Making phone calls can instantly turn off someone, especially when they are paying a recruiter to work with candidates. It can make you appear impatient, anxious or desperate for a job and those are not traits that anyone wants a potential employer to focus on.

Good point

Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRusso1982 View Post
Good point

Hang in there, RR! It sounds like you had a great interview and established a good rapport with your interviewer. This is huge!

Sending good thoughts for you to be the final candidate.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,779,504 times
Quote:
You must irritate easily if a five minute phone call from a candidate a week after the interview annoys you.

Quote:
In addition, when working with a recruiter, you always deal with matters through the recruiter.
Nah. I've contacted hiring managers directly when they extended their business card to me during the interview. It doesn't mean you're "bypassing" the recruiter.

Quote:
No one wants to deal with candidates making calls after the interview process is over, more candidates are to be interviewed, and no offer has been made.
Come on. Patently untrue. I don't know what kind of field you're in, but in mine (engineering) people are really laid back about that sort of thing.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Hang in there, RR! It sounds like you had a great interview and established a good rapport with your interviewer. This is huge!

Sending good thoughts for you to be the final candidate.
Well, I have never spent an hour an a half at a job interview. Not with one hiring manager anyway. And usually hiring managers play it close to their chest. They say, "You have a nice background. I am seeing other candidates. I'll get back to you." hey don't usually say, "Your experience matches spot on what I am looking for," or "I think you are at the top." That would just be getting my hopes up.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM

Here is a question. The interview was 12 days ago. According to the recruiter, they had to push the final interview until today. It was supposed to be last week, but the hiring manager got sick. My question is, if an interview was 12 days ago, and the hiring manager saw a couple of other candidates since then, but he really clicked with me, will that still be fresh in his mind when it is time to make a decision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search