Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 685 times

Advertisements

Here is what my lawyer advised. He said there are 3 ways you can do this:
1. You can either get fired by the temp agency by not following the rules.
Don't call in, send in time sheets late etc.

2. Have your employer ask for a drug test to be completed and fail it.

3. Tell the agency you found a job through a friend and quit the other job. However, have the company hire you on as a contracted employee or a 1099 employee and that way if they run your social security number the job wont show up until the following year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 12:45 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Interesting because normally a temp agency would never fire a worker it is the client that ends the assignment.

2. would be interesting. Taking a drug test and spiking it with something to cause you to fail, maybe slip a junkie some money for a little tainted urine so the staffing agency fires you and the client can then hire you directly since once the agency fires you they no longer have any claim over you.

3. Would be a little too risky no company will chance it.

Personally I'd just find a different company to work for. After however long is specified you can go back to the company you contracted for free and clear. Personally, I wouldn't. The company I worked for still doesn't hire and I still think they are the scum of the earth.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:13 PM

295 posts, read 281,378 times
IMO it really isn’t your concern what the agency is billing vs. what they are paying you. You signed a contract at a particular rate with particular benefits, now you know how it works and like theBunny said, it’s all pretty standard. Next time you can try other arrangements.

The last contract I had I got paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years when the (European) company closes and two weeks paid vacation, so PTO as a contractor is not unheard of. The contracts I had before then did no such thing.

If you feel like you deserve a raise then be prepared to justify it (for instance if they want to move you from a project support role to a project leadership role) and they’ll work out the details with the client. I’m fairly certain a raise will result in the client being billed more, as they should, and not your agency paying itself less.

Ultimately, just because your agency will replace you if you leave, that doesn’t mean that the client won’t remember you if your resume crosses their desk sometime in the future. Leave on the best terms possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search