Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
You're pot committed at this point. Why not fake a W-2? Not that hard, I'm relatively certain I've hired a few folks with some doctored documents.

Fired/Quit, etc. doesn't hurt you, unemployed is unemployed.
Fake a W-2?

That's pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM

117 posts, read 179,516 times
when you lie you just have to lie well. the area you failed in is lying properly. everyone lies in one way or another (a lie of omission is still a lie). only thing is not everyone gets caught lying. no reason to beat yourself up about lying. just learn to do it better, or if you can't live with it don't do it at all. lol @ the high horse hypocrites espousing liars like they aren't one themselves.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:25 PM

38 posts, read 200,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan2 View Post
when you lie you just have to lie well. the area you failed in is lying properly. everyone lies in one way or another (a lie of omission is still a lie). only thing is not everyone gets caught lying. no reason to beat yourself up about lying. just learn to do it better, or if you can't live with it don't do it at all. lol @ the high horse hypocrites espousing liars like they aren't one themselves.

I just feel like a huge disappointment to people that care about me like my parents, and boyfriend. I sent out over 300 resumes before my lie and didn't get one offer. I have alot of experience and I'm told I look very employable but no few interviews, and no offers.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM

570 posts, read 1,729,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna233 View Post
I'm quitting. I'm not telling them I lied. Its too shameful. Maybe that makes me a coward. I'm not going to further incriminate myself. I spoke with my friend's husband who is an attorney and even his advice was to quit - Don't say anything that can be recorded to admit guilt. But thank you for the advice.

yeah, quitting might be the best option right now. There is little or no chance they are keeping you after they find out the truth. Even if they would keep you, this will always on their file, you have little chance for advancement in the company now.

You should just tell them, you have family emergency. lol

Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I just feel like a huge disappointment to people that care about me like my parents, and boyfriend. I sent out over 300 resumes before my lie and didn't get one offer. I have alot of experience and I'm told I look very employable but no few interviews, and no offers.
I got respect for your decision.

Life doesn't always work out the way we want it to.

You just got to work hard, handle your business, and pray for mercy. Things will work out on their own...one way or another.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM

38 posts, read 200,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I got respect for your decision.

Life doesn't always work out the way we want it to.

You just got to work hard, handle your business, and pray for mercy. Things will work out on their own...one way or another.

thanks. I paid the price. karma.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
thanks. I paid the price. karma.
Don't worry, we all got a price to pay. I'm no different than you. I don't know you, but your remorse shows you got a heart.

That's getting more and more rare these days.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan2 View Post
How are they on a high horse if they are espousing lying also? Do you mean no espousing?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
+1 fake the w-2.
A job application is designed to efficiently dig up any dirt and information that can be used to put you at a disadvantage (salary history, employment status). Job hunting had become a very dirty war with no rules. Do whatever you have to. Besides they have no right to see your w-2. That is privileged tax information. Just because it is a bad market companies feel that they can make you do anything for a job.

Keep in mind applications are the stock and trade of HR and it is your job to do whatever it takes to get past those glorified gate keepers.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:57 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,941 times
Quote:
I'm too ashamed after lying. And they are just going to fire me anyway. I got word they are extremely strict. I would rather salvage what dignity I have left and quit. I thought about being honest but then I worry if I "admit" it I can get in worse trouble.
1. I give you credit for seeing that the lying was an issue.

2. Firing someone who lied on a job application is not, by any means, "strict

3. I would call HR, tell them what happened, tell them you will quit if is it not something that can be handled. Honestly, the quit or the termination will not matter as you have been there all of 2 days. See what they say. Your chances are better of keeping the job if you throw yourself on their mercy by telling the truth. Not a lot better, but they are 0 if you quit....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search