Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 03:15 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Wow. Future Business Leaders of America? Yeah, I know lying is rampant at some of the top levels of corporate America, but since when did "everyone does it" (when that's not even true) become justification?

I do feel bad for the OP (even though she is the first to say this is her own fault), and I am one who believes she should come clean and see what happens (although clearly she's decided not to do that).

And Marilyn220 and those of her ilk, go ahead and LOL at those of us who have the audacity to say that making up a previous employer is not a good thing. (Actually, I can't believe there's even a DEBATE about that.)
"Ilk"??? LOL!!

You don't lie about anything that can be VERIFIED.

Well, not "you", but to those who NEED A JOB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
"Ilk"??? LOL!!

You don't lie about anything that can be VERIFIED.

Well, not "you", but to those who NEED A JOB.
What's really sad is that you are constantly trying to justify that lying is just fine. Great lesson to be teaching. (Reminds me of students I have had who justified cheating because "those other students cheated," and they wanted to go to grad school so of course they HAD to cheat, etc. etc. etc.)

Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 PM

38 posts, read 200,692 times
I'm surprised that no one at the company has contacted me yet. I sent an email to Human Resources and my manager. I also left a phone message.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
What's really sad is that you are constantly trying to justify that lying is just fine. Great lesson to be teaching. (Reminds me of students I have had who justified cheating because "those other students cheated," and they wanted to go to grad school so of course they HAD to cheat, etc. etc. etc.)

Amen. And dont forget Lying Lance, who argued that everyone else in biking was doping and lying about it, so he was just leveling the playing field.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna233 View Post
I'm surprised that no one at the company has contacted me yet. I sent an email to Human Resources and my manager. I also left a phone message.
As long as they mail you your last check don't worry about it.

Do you know when the next pay period is?

Lies or not, you still WORKED there, so you should be PAID.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Amen. And dont forget Lying Lance, who argued that everyone else in biking was doping so he was just leveling the playing field.
True... all that led to was raising $500,000,000 for cancer.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,397,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna233 View Post
Given the fact that you were only there for two days, I doubt they'll call. I know I don't when a new hire walks away.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,522,239 times
You are stressing over a job in which you stayed only 2 days? Are you serious? Are you for real? So you lied on an application. You don't think employers lie in their job ads, at interviews and after you are hired and start doing your job? You don't think they'll lie when they lay you off or fire you? When they don't give you a raise, demote you or choose not to promote you, do you think they will "tell the truth"? Next time, put exactly the same thing that you have on your resume, on your application. Did you think if your resume didn't match your application these recession-spoiled, picky employers weren't going to notice it?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,522,239 times
As for all the preachers on here who thump the Book against lying, I say this: WHEN YOU PAY MY RENT AND PUT FOOD ON MY TABLE, THEN YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO. Until then, shut up. SHUT UP ALREADY. You make me laugh hysterically. I don't see the truthsayers creating jobs and supporting legislation that helps people get living wage jobs. All I see you doing is kicking the long term unemployed, who are already down.

I am going to do whatever I need to do to get a job. I don't give a flying hoot who likes that or not. You don't like it? Too bad. Too sad. Life isn't fair. Get over it. Mind your business. When you start paying my rent and food, then you can tell me what to do and enforce that. Until then, I hear you not.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
As for all the preachers on here who thump the Book against lying, I say this: WHEN YOU PAY MY RENT AND PUT FOOD ON MY TABLE, THEN YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO. Until then, shut up. SHUT UP ALREADY. You make me laugh hysterically. I don't see the truthsayers creating jobs and supporting legislation that helps people get living wage jobs. All I see you doing is kicking the long term unemployed, who are already down.

I am going to do whatever I need to do to get a job. I don't give a flying hoot who likes that or not. You don't like it? Too bad. Too sad. Life isn't fair. Get over it. Mind your business. When you start paying my rent and food, then you can tell me what to do and enforce that. Until then, I hear you not.
If one wants people to "mind their business" perhaps one should refrain from posting their business on public forums on the Internet. Wouldn't you agree?

Since the OP posted her dilemma here and asked for opinions, why do others posting their opinions offend you so?

Last edited by johnp292; 02-13-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search