Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Yet you have been on multiple interviews, and are perfect by your own assertion. So, if you are perfect, why in the world are you not being hired?
Maybe not. There's no need to do your own interviews when a professional can do it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM

107 posts, read 381,896 times
Quote:
Wow. You really can't handle the fact that I am making valid points, can you?

And, if it is so much better to hire someone with good grades, and your grades are good, why is it that you are still unemployed?

But at least we now know why you are still unemployed. I bolded the statement that proves, once and for all, that it is in fact your interview skills.
You are not making any points at all. You are locked in a hopeless argument trying to justify the value of NFL cheerleading to an executive level job in the retail industry (there is no value). Dance skills and a toned body are nice, but have nothing to do with being an executive. Hell, a hooters girl could probably make a better claim to relevant job experience than an NFL cheerleader.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Any of you ever browse linkedin to see who got the job you did not?
Nope. I just stalk old boyfriends.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,389,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Maybe not. There's no need to do your own interviews when a professional can do it better.
LOL

Good point.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnemployedRage View Post
You are not making any points at all. You are locked in a hopeless argument trying to justify the value of NFL cheerleading to an executive level job in the retail industry (there is no value). Dance skills and a toned body are nice, but have nothing to do with being an executive. Hell, a hooters girl could probably make a better claim to relevant job experience than an NFL cheerleader.
LOL. Easier to focus on this then take a good luck at what you are doing wrong.

Trashy, talentless cheerleader or not. She has a job. You do not. Interesting.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yet you have been on multiple interviews, and are perfect by your own assertion. So, if you are perfect, why in the world are you not being hired?
When did I EVER say I was perfect? Straw man arguments don't make you look good. We are in the middle of a horrible economy and I, as a graduate from a state university with a business degree, am having some issues in the job market. I am not alone in that regard.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 PM

LOL

Now they are straw man arguments? Call them what you will. But all of the effort you have spent coming up with reasons that I am wrong could have been put toward asking yourself if I may be on to something.

Say what you will. Trash me, and cheerleaders for that matter. It is obvious, to anyone who looks, where the issues lie...but until someone is willing to see them, and stops declaring themselves so much better than others, there is little that can be done.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Or, how about if someone discriminated against you because you had been unemployed?

I tried not to get too caught up in being discriminated against when I was unemployed because of how competitive the job market is right now.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 PM

But that is my point. Making assumptions about someone because of a fact in their past(unemployed, cheerleader, etc) is an issue...you have no idea what they bring to the table or what they offer because of their experiences.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
But that is my point. Making assumptions about someone because of a fact in their past(unemployed, cheerleader, etc) is an issue...you have no idea what they bring to the table or what they offer because of their experiences.
Really? So what is that HR people do when scanning resumes if not making "assumptions"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search