Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 04:22 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times

Advertisements

I don't get all the criticism about the 'attitude' of the OP.

Why even comment about whether "his attitude in interviews is like it is here," or may be has no interviewing skills.

I'm sure we all give certain responses and have a certain demeanor in some situations and arenas (like here) -- that we have sense enough NOT to do and convey in another situation (like a job interview).

The OP has a point.
Some interviewers are NOT prepared. Some interviewers DO waste people's time. Some of them have 'attitude,' too.
---------------------

No one is hating on HR people. But let's be honest and real here -- the following is so true.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnemployedRage
I love it how HR Drones and their puppets are high fiving each other and automatically assume that the person who did not get hired is automatically inferior to the person who did. I am sure you have never seen cases in the private sector where people were promoted beyond their abilities or people in charge were actual morons. You are making hiring managers to be infallible which they are not.

The problem with making hiring decisions based on "feel" is because it is an arbitrary, subjective and fleeting thing. You may "click" with a person one day and not "click" 2 months from now. Filling up your organization with people you like is a path to mediocrity.
Yeah people are saying because these people got hired they were the most qualified. They simply were not by any means. Maybe they were the kids of the president or maybe they offered sex if hired, who knows. The most qualified doesn't always get hired. I've worked jobs where I sat in on interviews and saw employers often pick the morons because they'll work cheaper or more hours. I've worked with morons who never should have been hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnemployedRage View Post
One of my current past times is doing just that. The most "amazing" feeling is when you realize a job that did not even offer you an interview was filled by someone with a degree from the same school you went to but worse gpa (cumulative and in the major), no work experience or relevant activities certifications.

I saw a profile of a person who works as a district manager for Aldi after working for NFL Carolina Panthers as a cheerleader. Amazingly misguided work history but she got an MBA from some mediocre school and she is "executive material" now.

I applied to be an ETF Accountant @ BNY Mellon 4 times and never went anywhere but other people have no such issue.
Cheerleaders tend to have bubbly and cheerful personalities (sorry, couldn't resist).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search