Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM

893 posts, read 1,321,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
with PNC you don't have to move.

with BofA you have to move far away.

Do you like liking in Pittsburg or do you want to move to Atlanta?

Pick the job that in in your location of choice.

To be honest, location is the big difference here. whichever company you choose, it's not that hard to switch companies in a couple years once you have experience. But it's a major thing to move several states away. If you are ready to move now and WANT to move, then do it while you have the opportunty.

if you want to move in a few years, "life" circumstances might change. In other words, you are likely to meet a significant other in the next few years (if you dont already have one). Often the significant other has family ties and then you end up staying put in the original town. If you want to move far away....do it now while you can. FYI..Atlanta is a wonderful city and so are the suburbs and the entire state of GA is wonderful.
Thank you for your insight, I chose to stick with PNC. Yes, Atlanta is a wonderful city! I love it there and i pray that in the near future God willing ill be able to move there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekzilla View Post
Seems like PNC hand down.
Yes better company, more money living rent free, its the logical choice. Im just over Pittsburgh the main reason it was such a difficult decision.

Last edited by pit2atl; 05-01-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,074 times
how much does bofa pay

Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeeg View Post
how much does bofa pay
Low 40's

Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 AM

2,845 posts, read 6,001,331 times
Definitely go with PNC BOA is TERRIBLE!

Old 05-19-2013, 01:33 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,645,405 times
This is sort of on-topic, an opinion on the industry.
I worked for MBNA bank in Wilmington Del. the 90's, and it was a cool place to work with game rooms, gyms, dry cleaners etc, like a whole city unto itself, but wow, they want you to sell your soul. They owned you and expected your life to revolve around work. Not saying it would happen there, just an observation about the culture in another of the big banks.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,934,632 times
Good choice. Given BOA's stock price recent history (aka market cap), I expect them to be bought in the next few years, and you do not want to be a newbie in that situation, as the buyer's employees in the same program as you will get preference.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:13 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,343,393 times
BOA was essentially bankrupt, but got bailed out the by govt because it was "too big to fail." I think the culture would suck there.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,714,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Good choice. Given BOA's stock price recent history (aka market cap), I expect them to be bought in the next few years, and you do not want to be a newbie in that situation, as the buyer's employees in the same program as you will get preference.
With their stock price on the rise for the past year I really think they are a good pick to get bought....

Or not.

BoA is closing down branches for a number of reasons. But the main reason is because people don't bank in branches anymore. They used to have a branch every 30 feet it seemed like. Now, not enough people want to go to the branch to get money. so in an essence, they're saving money by not having as many branches.
They get to sell/not lease the office space and They don't have to pay those employees.
All with the same amount of income. I think that looks GREAT on a balance sheet if you ask me.

also, let's be honest, what company has the available cash or credit to buy BoA that would actually be of use to them?

But as far as the OP goes, I'll give you props for going through with the branch management career path. It isn't something that I would ever want to do. It was offered to me when I worked at a credit union and I gave them a very firm... Nope!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM

I doubt if anyone will purchase BofA. Any of the top 3 banks that could actually afford to purchase would be prevented by the government, so BofA will continue to be #2 probably for ever.

skinnayyy- why did you steer away of branch management?

Old 05-22-2013, 08:41 PM

553 posts, read 1,206,231 times
As a branch manager, you will be on the retail side of banking where customer service matters most. Why would you go to a company reknowned for its horrible treatment of its customers? Google BoA requires man with no arms to provide fingerprints before allowing him to withdraw his funds. BoA is everything evil about corporate America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search