Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 12:30 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,384 times

Advertisements

Sure a few months perhaps a year it might be considered "not your fault". 5 years though....that is BS.

If you can walk to school there will be jobs near by. Are you telling me there is a school with no pizza parlors, bars, convenience stores, or any type of business near by?
BS. BS. BS.

Hell go mow a lawn for $5. It is better than complaining for 5 stinking years.

Also why can't you drive? Study, take the test and get a beater. Noone in your family will loan you a few hundred bucks for a beater?

Excuses, excuses, followed by more excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
I'm tired of people who try to get around something that is so obvious. You guys must be some of these employers we are talking about. People apply and you twiddle your thumbs instead of interviewing and hiring. You are responsible for the way this nation is going down.
So employers are posting jobs and not hiring or interviewing for these jobs?

Their posting jobs just to annoy you?

Are you crazy?

Your not going to get every job that is posted. They are hiring...just not a whiny annoying person like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Just wondering what your plan for getting a job is.

Here is what I know you did yesterday.

11:13am Posted OP
11:32 Commented on post
11:51 posted
12:04 posted
12:36 posted
12:37 another post
12:51 post
1:08 post
1:14 post
1:20 post
1:24 post
1:45 post
2:10 post
2:28 post
4:58 post
5:11 post
6:18 post
6:37 post
6:42 post
9:15 final post

If I were you I would be out there looking and off City Data untill the evening hours. Even then since you are looking I would be building your resume, working on Linked In, hitting Facebook for leads, Twittering your availability, Posting anything that you can or filling out as many online applications as you can. Don't tell me why you can't do it, tell me why you can do it.

he won't even comment on your post. He would just say that he looked for a job 8 hours yesterday and taking a break today. Unbelievable I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I still want to know why so many on this forum are high and mighty like they can't lose their job?
Sure I could lose my job tommorow. I will get another though.
I'm not going to make excuses. It isn't the employer it is you. Give me a situation and ill come up with an answer to why you MIGHT not be getting hired and maybe even provide a solution. It might involve stretching the truth on a resume though. But hey I have a family to provide for. You have to do what you have to do.

Go mow a lawn or paint a fence if you have to. Please do something other than make excuses.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
What part of there aren't many jobs out there for Americans don't some of you get? I know many educated people unemployed for years because foreign workers stole their jobs and they can't afford to go back to school.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What part of there aren't many jobs out there for Americans don't some of you get? I know many educated people unemployed for years because foreign workers stole their jobs and they can't afford to go back to school.
A foreign worker shouldn't be taking an "educated workers" job. BS again.

Most foreign workers aren't educated by any means.

When I go to Meijer or Giant Eagle the place isn't ran by mexicans, arabs, or any type of foreign people. Their what most would consider "American". Now if you live in Texas or something that may be the case. Move farther north then. Problem solved.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:03 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:

That's the top reason for unemployment right now............"no jobs to apply to"

Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
I'm tired of people who try to get around something that is so obvious. You guys must be some of these employers we are talking about. People apply and you twiddle your thumbs instead of interviewing and hiring. You are responsible for the way this nation is going down.
Actually people are getting hired. Obviously,as the unemployment rate continues to drop. People with good attitudes and no excuses get hired into entry level positions by the thousands every day.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I still want to know why so many on this forum are high and mighty like they can't lose their job?
I was laid off in 2009 and found a job in six weeks. I sold my company last fall and was recruited and hired by another company within five weeks. There are plenty of jobs for people who don't put up barriers, don't sleep until noon, answer their phone, and actually want to work.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
What is this I keep hearing that foreign workers are taking all the jobs.

I live in a city that has a lot of people from Latin America and the Pacific rim. Here is what I see:

1. Field workers. The farm land around my city grows 1/3 of the States Strawberry production, or 1/8 th of the United States Strawberry production. Picking them is labor intensive. Guess who takes those jobs? Can't find a white person willing to do that work. Plenty of Mexican's and people from Central and South America that will take those jobs though.

2. Housekeeping, Laundry, and Kitchen staff at our hospital. I work in a hospital / healthcare organization. we are a 2 hospital, 12 clinic system. Guess who applies for jobs in housekeeping, laundry, or dietary? Mexicans, Philipinos, others from South America. Not a white person in site applying for the jobs. Our housekeeping department does have a young white blond hair girl working there. She is trying to get into nursing school and in California the state favors people that are allready working in a hospital to get into a program. The nursing programs are regulated by the state and a point system is given. Hospital employees get moved to the front of the line and it does not matter what department you work for, so that is why she is there.

3. Road side fruit and flower sellers. Can's seem to find any of these people that are white.

I just don't see anyone taking jobs from anyone in the USA anymore. At least not jobs that anyone here wants. We are a lazy people that will do anything to get out of hard work. Lets be honest here. Have any of you applied for jobs in labor intensive fields, pardon the pun? Are you looking for jobs that you wouldn't normally do?

Lets talk about people stealing our jobs.

I don't know how it is in your state but in California you have to prove that you can work in the state. You have to show that you have the correct paperwork to work here. I know at the hospital we use E Varify to check on employees. I remember when we started that a few years back. We had to let 8 people go because they first used it on all of us existing employees to see if our own paperwork was correct.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Nope. Anyone who is educated has no excuse for being out of work for "years." They need to re-purpose their skills and become marketable.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 5,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I was laid off in 2009 and found a job in six weeks. I sold my company last fall and was recruited and hired by another company within five weeks. There are plenty of jobs for people who don't put up barriers, don't sleep until noon, answer their phone, and actually want to work.
So your experience, location, experience, and situation are transferable to everyone on earth? I didn't know we had a regular Spiritual deity on our hands here. Would you be able to bless me?

--------

Five years is really long. Unless you are a convicted felon, live in a rural area of only a few thousands, have diagnosed mental issues, severe or mild disability, and or live in a town with literally no jobs/companies left, you can find a crap job with a few weeks-months effort/consistency. If you're looking for more than crap than sitting and hopping....that I could see taking years. Like I know someone who it took 3 years to move from a decent to non crap job. During that time she changed nothing beyond going to work, applying, and living her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search