Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 PM

58 posts, read 343,707 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

First off, I'd like to mention that I am NOT a drug-addict of any kind. I use opiates (oxy, morphine, etc) on a VERY OCCASIONAL basis, so please keep any negative comments to yourself...despite my lapse of judgment to "have some fun" at the worst possible timing.

That being said, here's my dilemma...

I went to go apply for a taxi-driver job for one of the major taxi companies in Las Vegas (where I live). Now I knew I'd probably need to perform a pre-employment urine test before being hired, but when I looked at the company forms, it said a urine AND HAIR test are conducted. Son of a B!

So about 5 days prior to my job-application, I came accross a bottle of liquid Opana (oxymorphone...a semi-synthetic opioid) and I used it up in about 3 days (IV administration). Again, please respectfully keep your non-constructive comments to yourself...I'm not an addict, but I do OCCASIONALLY dabble in the stuff.

According to my research, it seems that all drugs (no matter the class...opiates, weed, illicit, prescription, whatever) will show up in a hair-test up to 90 DAYS after use. I'm not sure if the drug molecules are bound within the shaft of the hair follicle, or if they're simply on the exterior of the hair, but I assume they're somehow embedded inside the hair follicle...otherwise you could somehow cleanse your hair and show up clean right?

Does anybody know the duration of how long oxymorphone IV'ed specifically, will show up in a hair test? Does 90 days still apply? Would getting a buzzed haircut in about 30 days be sufficient for passing the test, or am I just screwed? Do any of those supposed "hair cleansing" systems actually work? Sorry, I know I'm a bit ignorant on the subject, but I'm just trying to get some answers from someone with more experience/wisdom on the subject.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
90 Days. Goes in to the hair folicle and it will show.

Try having "fun" legally and the problem won't exist. You go to great pains to justify what is illegal drug use.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:09 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
I had a hair test done once for a job... I researched it and found out hair from anywhere on the body will work. They cut mine from my armpits.

"Hair cleansing treatments?" Yeah right. Another gimmick. What are you gonna do? Take a bath in the stuff?

Don't bother with the haircut... you won't pass the test anyway.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
You're definitely going to fail the test. For the hair test, drug use can be detected anywhere from 90-180 days. For urine, this type of drug can stay in your body more than 30 days. There's no way around the hair test, either. There is no such thing as a "hair cleansing" to clean the traces of drugs out.

And don't think you're going to be a wise guy and shave your head ---- they will (and do) take hair from anyplace on the body, including your pubic area, legs, azz, pits, arms, etc.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 AM

58 posts, read 343,707 times
Thanks for the info and/or advice fellas. Much appreciated. Learned my lesson & I won't be making the same mistake twice...that's for sure.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:46 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Oxymorphone is a semisynthetic opioid that is chemically different from morphine. Whether it is tested for or not is not something anyone here can answer. That depends on what types of drugs the test is checking for.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
The company I work for does 10 panel expanded opi/oxy hair follicle testing. It does pick up oxy as well as morphine.

Body hair actually holds trace results of drug longer than head hair. People who shave their heads and force us to collect body hair aren't helping themselves. We ALWAYS find hair. If we can't find hair under the arms we look on legs and arms. If we have to we find pubic hair.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:58 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
The company I work for does 10 panel expanded opi/oxy hair follicle testing. It does pick up oxy as well as morphine.

Body hair actually holds trace results of drug longer than head hair. People who shave their heads and force us to collect body hair aren't helping themselves. We ALWAYS find hair. If we can't find hair under the arms we look on legs and arms. If we have to we find pubic hair.
What if someone shaved their entire body?

Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 AM

432 posts, read 1,227,946 times
I wouldn't want a drugged out Taxi Driver driving me around. Glad they are doing drug tests. Find a job that you can't possible harm other people from your "Occasional" drug use.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Next time use some bath salts, you won't go around hungry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search