Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
If you ask anyone about it you should assume they aren't going to hire you. At least in my opinion. Either take the job knowing the risks or don't take it.
This is the best advice on this thread. If you bring it up to anyone at that company, you can forget the job.

And for all you know this man was set up. Look at what happened at Duke in NC just as an example, the woman made it all up. But that didn't prevent the lives of those young men from being destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,565,114 times
If you accept the position keep the relationship very professional and avoid situations where he and you are alone. Find out if you will be expected to travel with him, if so stay in different hotels or bring along a family member. The latter may take some planning but you can frame it as protecting his reputation.

In all honesty there are some men who really don't care, they need a woman who affirms their masculinity and they do not respect lines. If you feel that he is on the make then plan an exit stage left, so to speak.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And for all you know this man was set up. Look at what happened at Duke in NC just as an example, the woman made it all up. But that didn't prevent the lives of those young men from being destroyed.
i never said i knew he was guilty! but the fact that it was settled out of court (after the company publicly stated that they would be taking it to court) does make it more likely that he was.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:08 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i never said i knew he was guilty! but the fact that it was settled out of court (after the company publicly stated that they would be taking it to court) does make it more likely that he was.

No, it doesn't, even though that is a common perception.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:12 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
ok, whatever. the point is it's possible that it's true, at least just as much as it's possible that it's not true. i mean, the possibility of him being innocent is why the idea of asking about it occurred to me for even a second.

note that i addressed this in my first post, anyway:

Quote:
the case was settled out of court, so there's no way to know if the claim was true or not.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
ok, whatever. the point is it's possible that it's true, at least just as much as it's possible that it's not true. i mean, the possibility of him being innocent is why the idea of asking about it occurred to me for even a second.

note that i addressed this in my first post, anyway:
Don't ask about it at all. Just be very cautious when around him. If you ask about it, they will view you as trouble and not worth it.

He may or may not be guilty. Just because he settled doesn't mean he's guilty. If there is a risk of a lengthy trial and possible image issues, it may be cheaper to settle and get it over with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search