U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:12 PM

10,082 posts, read 14,056,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi000 View Post
Does anyone have experience with Randstad Staffing?
I have heard they are ok, but no personal work exp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM

177 posts, read 475,057 times
I have experience with Randstad - I worked for them for 3 years at a Pharmaceutical Company.
They were so so. They had Randstad Staff onsite .. if you needed something but personally I thought they were useless.
Everytime I need something from them .. they would sit in their office and eat gourmet chocolate and drink Tea. I busted my A ** at this place, a lot of times I was out in the snow moving computers around to other buildings etc. horrible .. but I needed a job. In the 3 years I worked there, I once got a 25 cent raise. Then while moving computers I hurt my back... that caused me another big battle, cause its not like I did this on purpose .. etc.
Not sure if I would work them again... unless I was really desperate needing a job.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 2,895,244 times
Hmm, I should probably get back to some of the recruits that have been leaving me messages. I told one of them over voicemail that I would call back. That was weeks ago. Is it too late now for the sake of getting a relation going? Another one that called me, I purposely didn't get back to him... I was in crunchtime at work anyways (as well as with the other agency), but this was also one of those agencies where I called them on 2 separate occasions, 1 month apart, and never got any updates other then, "nothing going on, just keep updating your availability sheet".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi000 View Post
Does anyone have experience with Randstad Staffing?
They were useless to me, but this was last decade when I was a raw, college graduate. I doubt they do anything now still though.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 PM

300 posts, read 1,017,343 times
I've had a bad experience with Randstad staffing. The recruiter got the name wrong of the IT Director and she never got back with me after the interview. I don't trust any recruiter, however sometimes they do have jobs that aren't advertised anywhere else. Also never give references and any other vital data upfront because the recruiter will just use it to fish for new leads and when that happens I just hang up on them.

Has anyone had success with indian recruiters from India? I've had a rash of calls of from indian recruiters and I can't barely understand them. I have a feeling some of them are also fishing for information.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
Has anyone had success with indian recruiters from India? I've had a rash of calls of from indian recruiters and I can't barely understand them. I have a feeling some of them are also fishing for information.
I had just the same. She even worked for the company direct and I could only undersand 5% of what she said. Of course I get an immediate request to add to linkein, don't think so, let's see if she can follow through of what she said.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 PM

4,131 posts, read 6,316,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
I've had a bad experience with Randstad staffing. The recruiter got the name wrong of the IT Director and she never got back with me after the interview. I don't trust any recruiter, however sometimes they do have jobs that aren't advertised anywhere else. Also never give references and any other vital data upfront because the recruiter will just use it to fish for new leads and when that happens I just hang up on them.

I refused to go any further with one of those Indian recruiters once I found out he was using a fake "American" name. I could barely understand anything the guy said anyway. When they kept calling me at 5am (Hawaii time) I got mad and yelled at him. I also said it made no sense that someone with such poor English skills would be a "chief recruiter". The job was legit, I know because I talked to the HR person at the client company. I said if they wanted to hire me, they'd have to do it directly.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM

As I posted in another thread, it was really awkward trying to communicate with a foreign recruiter that I could only understand 5% at best. There were a lot of silences and can you repeat just really unprofessional on their side.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 PM

674 posts, read 709,518 times
I just send you a PM.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 2,895,244 times
I've dealt with a someone with a thick Indian accent over the phone. It sounded like a genuine offer, but in the end, I couldn't understand most of what he was saying (5% seemed to be the case with me as well) that I broke down in my mind and cried out "I don't care if you have a job for me... I can't F!#ng understand what you're saying!"

And the same recruiter from a staffing company just sent me yet another LinkedIn invite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search