U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
 
805 posts, read 1,013,697 times
Reputation: 718

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I find it funny that other posters can post on here while they are at work and people say nothing. When I do it's problem lol


And I only post on this forum during work hours big time which is connected to my job
People have a problem with you posting during work hours because you are a government employee, meaning that your salary is paid for by taxpayers and that you are using public property (also paid for by taxpayers) for personal use.

And, your job isn't to post on this forum; it's to help people find jobs.

 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Loleta, CA
1,155 posts, read 968,237 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
Home depot requires 3 seperate interviews for a seasonal position. Kohl's requires 2-3 interviews and a written essay explaining why you should be hired for their seasonal positions. I don't think it's been this worse before. Who knows, we may come to a day where the only people who have jobs are if you literally know someone in the company. Outsiders will be completely barred from applying. Like corporations who send jobs to slave labor countries, this is just a freight train outta control.
No matter how you try and justify these sorts of practices, there's really no denying that this is getting beyond ridiculous. How are people supposed to get a leg up in the world if companies continue to pile on more and more outrageous obstacles for what are essentially throw away jobs?

Last edited by DCMann2; 06-27-2013 at 12:36 PM..
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,443 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Reputation: 9904
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
When I worked for a big box retailer nearly all the employees were stealing (even some of the managers!) When you make a non livable wage that's the name of the game.
Very accurate point. If you aren't getting paid a good wage, this is always a potential issue. However companies don't think of increasing wages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
Good to know you have no morals.
Perhaps but when you work at say Walmart and make not enough and get food stamps, and barely have enough each month to pay rent, utilities and gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
But you have so many other opportunities with your experience. Dish washing jobs should only be for those who have criminal backgrounds and looking for a 2nd chance or a older person with limited work experience.
Again blanket statement. Not everyone has the same jobs in their area. Not everyone is in an oil, coal or fracking boom-town that everyone is making money due to the trickle-down effect. Many places have not seen higher paying jobs return so you must choose between low paying retail, restaurant or fast food jobs if you NEED to get a job. FYI, many Americans need this without adding those who want to get a second job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
Home depot requires 3 seperate interviews for a seasonal position. Kohl's requires 2-3 interviews and a written essay explaining why you should be hired for their seasonal positions. I don't think it's been this worse before. Who knows, we may come to a day where the only people who have jobs are if you literally know someone in the company. Outsiders will be completely barred from applying. Like corporations who send jobs to slave labor countries, this is just a freight train outta control.
The inside candidate situation currently exist. I mean look at the whole "fake" jobs that the OP has posted about in other threads. They are fake mainly because HR pressures the company to post the opennings on Monster, Career Builder, ect.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Illinois
827 posts, read 945,299 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Perhaps but when you work at say Walmart and make not enough and get food stamps, and barely have enough each month to pay rent, utilities and gas.

BFD. That certainly doesn't justify employee theft.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,916,295 times
Reputation: 5583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
People have a problem with you posting during work hours because you are a government employee, meaning that your salary is paid for by taxpayers and that you are using public property (also paid for by taxpayers) for personal use.

And, your job isn't to post on this forum; it's to help people find jobs.
It's not even the fact he's a government employee posting on C-D while at work that people have a problem with, rather people have a problen with the fact that he's posting stupid mess on C-D while at work as a government employee. I think that's one thing EVERYONE can agree with in this particular forum.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,916,295 times
Reputation: 5583
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I find it funny that other posters can post on here while they are at work and people say nothing. When I do it's problem lol


And I only post on this forum during work hours big time which is connected to my job
See the above post.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Ayrsley
4,714 posts, read 8,488,286 times
Reputation: 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
When I worked for a big box retailer nearly all the employees were stealing (even some of the managers!) When you make a non livable wage that's the name of the game.
I guess it is easier for one to steal than it is for them to try to learn new skills and find other ways to make themselves viable candidates for a job that pays more than "a non-livable wage" to begin with.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,443 posts, read 15,844,101 times
Reputation: 9904
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
BFD. That certainly doesn't justify employee theft.
Does it, not really but you got to consider is it the situation that drives them to shrinkage or is it that they would do it anyway. I think it's the former more often than the later.
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,402,723 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Possibly, many have their own businesses and can do whatever they want.

You on the other hand. Are wasting time. This thread is nothing more then the way you wish life were. If you really had questions, or really wanted others perspectives, you would say so and agree to them once in awhile.

Instead you keep beating dead horses at taxpayer's expense. There is no point to you idle ramblings. Its not work related in any way if you never solve anything.
Stop worrying about what I do
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,402,723 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Ok I will be fair bud I will crack on them too. You are just such an easy target because you are serial poster at work.

I post a few times in the morning, lunch and late in the afternoon.

But it doesn't matter anyway because like I said numerous times, the internet is needed to do my job so during the course of the day the city-data window is open for me to chat off an on.

Anything else you wanna talk about big time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top