U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
People have a problem with you posting during work hours because you are a government employee, meaning that your salary is paid for by taxpayers and that you are using public property (also paid for by taxpayers) for personal use.

And, your job isn't to post on this forum; it's to help people find jobs.

My job is to use the internet to help people find employment LOL What part of that don't you understand?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 21 days ago)

10,498 posts, read 14,325,180 times
Gotta love the public and the attitude towards service workers

"It's a job a monkey could do"
"Whats with the application requirements for service workers?"
"Why is customer service sooo bad?"

Really?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 PM

550 posts, read 833,948 times
Just quit being so snooty and disrespectful of people with lower paying jobs. Some people have more than one job and own a computer. Not everyone is qualified for an office job. Even people who have office jobs should probably be dishwashers instead of what they are doing.

Aside from teens and felons, there are probably a few others who would want to be a dishwasher. For instance, someone going through culinary school. Culinary school is expensive and you would typically want to work in a place where you could get your foot in the door at a restaurant and be able to pay tuition. Yet you aren't yet qualified to be a chef or prep cook. And working in an office would be useless and impractical to them because that's not the career they want.

Besides it is hard work. It's not an easy job. I doubt WestPhillyDude would be able to stand on his feet for 10 minutes much less 10 hours and do what they do. Dishwashing is a lot harder than surfing the internet and finding jobs. That's really easy and anyone can do that. I was on the internet for 5 minutes and helped someone find 10 different jobs. Big deal. Do we really need government workers to do that? What a waste of taxpayer money.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:55 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,571,349 times
^
THIS

Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Just quit being so snooty and disrespectful of people with lower paying jobs. Some people have more than one job and own a computer. Not everyone is qualified for an office job. Even people who have office jobs should probably be dishwashers instead of what they are doing.

Aside from teens and felons, there are probably a few others who would want to be a dishwasher. For instance, someone going through culinary school. Culinary school is expensive and you would typically want to work in a place where you could get your foot in the door at a restaurant and be able to pay tuition. Yet you aren't yet qualified to be a chef or prep cook. And working in an office would be useless and impractical to them because that's not the career they want.

Besides it is hard work. It's not an easy job. I doubt WestPhillyDude would be able to stand on his feet for 10 minutes much less 10 hours and do what they do. Dishwashing is a lot harder than surfing the internet and finding jobs. That's really easy and anyone can do that. I was on the internet for 5 minutes and helped someone find 10 different jobs. Big deal. Do we really need government workers to do that? What a waste of taxpayer money.

i just don't assist with leads I also keep their spirits up and provide job counseling since I know what it is all about.

the one thing I always said is..........."never get frustrated with the job search process because it's too easy to feel that way"

Old 06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 21 days ago)

10,498 posts, read 14,325,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
since I know what it is all about.
Yet you say so many clueless things, like faxing resumes being easier than using a computer to fill out online applications!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yet you say so many clueless things, like faxing resumes being easier than using a computer to fill out online applications!

So wait a minute, faxing a resume is not easier than a long online application??????????? LOL

Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,571,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
So wait a minute, faxing a resume is not easier than a long online application??????????? LOL
Online app: fill out fields, submit.
Faxing app: print out app, make mistake, throw away, print out another app, fill out app, find a FAX machine, travel to FAX machine, send FAX.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM

827 posts, read 943,884 times
PhillyDude probably suggests using special resume paper when you fax it in.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM

503 posts, read 1,033,542 times
Faxing a résumé isn't free. If you use an online free trial service, it sends an advertisement to your recipient as a cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or